FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

La Gard 3330 relocking spring

<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:30 pm

La Gard 3330 relocking spring

I had some trouble opening my safe lately, after 50-60 tries (and questioning my sanity) it finally opened to my surprise and relief. It is a La Gard 3330 and after having gotten it open I tried again with the door open, and I could not duplicate the opening. I decided that something was wrong with it so I removed the lock from the safe and reconfigured it on my bench with the back off and after fooling with it for awhile I finally got it to the point where it should have opened but the bolt would'nt retract. I finally realized that there is a relocking spring that pops onto the side of the bolt if the back cover is off. I have no idea how to reinstall it, I'm tempted to leave it out. Has anybody dealt with this? Help! I still have not resolved my opening problems, this is a seconary nusience.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: La Gard 3330 relocking spring

The spring is easy enough to reinstall but I do not have one on hand to walk you though it.

As for the opening problems try spinning the dial and see if all of the wheels are spinning. One might be slipping and will not spin as much as the rest Try turning the dial 4 times left and then use a marker to draw a line across them all as a witness mark. Then spin it the other way 4-5 times and repeat back and forth then do 4 times the first way and see if the line still matches up.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks, I will try that. I think it was pure luck that I got it open at all.
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:07 pm

after screwing with it for a while, it seems that the first number is off by two. I guess the first guy that set the combo was not very accurate and that explains why I have had so much trouble with opening this safe since I got it.
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 pm

I still see no reason to put the relocker spring back into it. It seems that it only works if you already have the safe open.
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I'm so pissed off that it took me so long to figure out that that the safe builder had sloppily set the combination so long ago. It's my only interaction with safe locks, I just figured that they were hard to open. Now I can open it every time, even quickly and sloppily. Crap!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Sucks to hear you had these troubles. If its a safe then keep in mind you have it there for a reason and not because its a pretty big box. Also post pictures, they are always worth a thousand words.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 am

The relocker spring is in the lower right corner. with 'point'
of spring in the up position and the 'open' section of the spring to the right, drop spring into slot below locking bolt. make sure the BB is in the hole on the lock body beneath the locking bolt. Press down on spring 'point' as you move the bolt to the locked position. To release from locked position , press spring down and move bolt to open position. Attach cover. Relocker spring does not need to be installed for lock to function. Once again, do not lose the BB beneath the locking bolt. The BB goes in the "black' dot in the photo beneath the bolt slot. I apologize for the poor quality pics.
DSCI0611.JPG
DSCI0614.JPG
DSCI0612.JPG
DSCI0613.JPG
DSCI0615.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks for those pics, I'm still kinda lost. I'm still wondering why it needs to be there as it works fine without it.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:42 am

lovelocks wrote:Thanks for those pics, I'm still kinda lost. I'm still wondering why it needs to be there as it works fine without it.

It is the relocker spring. If somebody punches out the back of the safe lock that prevents the bolt from retracting. Try opening the lock without the back cover on with the spring installed.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:39 am

Bitbuster, What is this BB you speak of? Mine just has the spring. I found the BB under the bolt. Are you saying that the spring is installed under the bolt, before the bolt goes in?
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 am

the BB goes right where you found it. i just emphasized that part so you would not lose/forget to put it back in the proper spot. the black dot in photo is on the lock body beneath the bolt.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:25 pm

I've got it figured out now, it only works when the back is on the lock. Thanks for the help, I'll be putting it back together with the relocker spring included.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks