FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Chubb safe

<<

williamjcoates

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:12 am

Re: Chubb safe

oldlock wrote:How did the consistency test go ?

Also - your looking at all the wheels together ?? How about finding a general low area and then focus in on 1 wheel, say 1 number at a time. Certainly looking every 2.5 numbers is not a good idea on a lock of that quality IMO.

I have run a few tests for consistency coming up with the same results. I am also working on isolating and doing one wheel at a time. This takes more practice on my part to remember wheel position. I tested reading only the RCP to see what kind of results I would get and whether it would be a viable method. I noticed a couple of points that where consistent with earlier graphs and I am going to analyze them together.
<<

williamjcoates

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 am

Just an update,
I am now in the process of graphing each wheel separately while parking the other three on 0. I am also doing each number instead of 2.5 increments. I figure that after I have done this I will repeat the process but park the wheels at 50. I am also recording both contact points and trying to refine my touch. My biggest obstacle is reading the dial and accurately noting the position. I also go back and retest readings to make sure they are consistent. As with my practice lock the LCP is very subtle. Which is do to the slope of the drive cam and the roller on the fence.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:53 am

williamjcoates wrote:Just an update,
I am now in the process of graphing each wheel separately while parking the other three on 0. I am also doing each number instead of 2.5 increments. I figure that after I have done this I will repeat the process but park the wheels at 50. I am also recording both contact points and trying to refine my touch. My biggest obstacle is reading the dial and accurately noting the position. I also go back and retest readings to make sure they are consistent. As with my practice lock the LCP is very subtle. Which is do to the slope of the drive cam and the roller on the fence.

What you want is to park those three wheels to a number that is showing the lowest reading of AWR or AWL graph, then run the 4th wheel in isolation. This way you get the best result for that wheel and can then park that wheel to a known low point and run some other (the next one) wheel in isolation. Rinse and repeat and it opens.
<<

williamjcoates

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:15 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
williamjcoates wrote:Just an update,

What you want is to park those three wheels to a number that is showing the lowest reading of AWR or AWL graph, then run the 4th wheel in isolation. This way you get the best result for that wheel and can then park that wheel to a known low point and run some other (the next one) wheel in isolation. Rinse and repeat and it opens.

Okay, I will try doing it that way as well.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks