FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tiny Federal spring latch lock

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Tiny Federal spring latch lock

I bounced open an old Sentry floor chest container with a Federal , 2 wheeled lock, 1 driver. Rather than the spring latch 'pop' and the door just fall open, the entire back of the lock fell into the safe, almost as if it had been punched . Does anybody have a photo of a federal lock that shows the assembled guts to include the spring placements? I can't find the reference materials I had for this lock.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Tiny Federal spring latch lock

Photos of tiny Federal lock. This lock has 2 springs. the small 1 is at the bottom right attached to a post on the slide latch and big one next to it.The lever is 1" long and the hole change wheels are an 1 1/2" in diameter. I know the lever goes on the backside of the post where the small spring is but I don't know how it attaches to the spring. I've assembled these locks before but I'm stumped now.
DSCI0620.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Easiest way to deal with that lock would be to place all the parts in your left hand, walk over to the trashcan. lift lid with right hand and gently deposit parts into can, close lid, walk away.

See! Easy, peasy, done!

the long part rides on the back of the fence and the hooked part sets against the case, you can see the wear marks on the inside wall below the mounting hole.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:38 pm

i know where the parts go except for the spring alignments.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:01 pm

bitbuster wrote:i know where the parts go except for the spring alignments.

Sorry bro I misunderstood you. I didn't mean to sound condescending either but rereading my post I can see how it may of come across that way.

I'm still not sure what you mean though by alignment. I assumed you were having a problem figuring out where the lever/fence spring went. Looks like I'm not going to be much help here so i'll leave you with my apology and let someone more knowledgeable help out.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 pm

maybe the trashcan is the answer. i've done 2 of these locks before albeit a number of years ago. can't figure out the correct way to put the spring on the lever. the spring in question is to the left of the big spring in the photo, very hard to see. it may be a long shot but i'll ask a sentry tech if they know.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks