FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Safe opening with audio amplifier

<<

pickmonger2

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:05 am

Safe opening with audio amplifier

You can buy an expensive special tool to listen to the wheels in the safe while trying to open the safe, but here is a cheap alternative that you can build your self http://www.bugplan.com/a15.htm

It uses a piezo electric crystal as the contact mike.

This site has a lot of other circuits for those that are interested in electronic surveillance projects.
<<

cajunshooter

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Safe opening with audio amplifier

I built my own listening device using an old Humbucker guitar pickup. They are designed to pick up metallic sounds and no voice or other sounds. I use a cheap guitar amp with a good set of headphones and it is awesome. The amp lets me adjust the sounds and I sometimes run it through my mixer to focus on the sounds that I want. The mixer gives you the ability to focus on a specific sound frequency. I also play the guitar, so there was literally no additional cost for me.
thanks ron :armed:
“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
Arthur Schopenhauer
<<

stainless steel

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:54 pm

cajunshooter wrote:I built my own listening device using an old Humbucker guitar pickup. They are designed to pick up metallic sounds and no voice or other sounds. I use a cheap guitar amp with a good set of headphones and it is awesome. The amp lets me adjust the sounds and I sometimes run it through my mixer to focus on the sounds that I want. The mixer gives you the ability to focus on a specific sound frequency. I also play the guitar, so there was literally no additional cost for me.

The pickup translate magnetick forse to sound try it on a all non magnetik lock and se how it works
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:19 pm

stainless steel wrote:
cajunshooter wrote:I built my own listening device using an old Humbucker guitar pickup. They are designed to pick up metallic sounds and no voice or other sounds. I use a cheap guitar amp with a good set of headphones and it is awesome. The amp lets me adjust the sounds and I sometimes run it through my mixer to focus on the sounds that I want. The mixer gives you the ability to focus on a specific sound frequency. I also play the guitar, so there was literally no additional cost for me.

The pickup translate magnetick forse to sound try it on a all non magnetik lock and se how it works

Excuse the pun..... but i think its a safe bet that nearly every Safe out there will have a door made of a ferromagnetic steel. Now a regular mic detects pressure changes in the air that are produced by the safe door surface vibrating... in other words its conducting the sound from inside to outside.

Now a guitar pickup should be able to something similar but detecting the movement of the surface of the steel directly... never tried it, but can't see a problem with the physics!
<<

cajunshooter

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:36 pm

A humbucker picks up vibrations, when pressed against a metal (or other material) door, that translates vibrations, clicks, clanks, scrapes, or any other sounds into analog amplified signals and it does it well. The old Humnbuckers, were designed to pick up certain higher metallic frequencies used in "Rock and Roll" guitar music. The older the pickup the better (IMHO) and they work better than contact mikes and any other mike that is designed to pick up human voices.
Try it you'll like it. :hbg:
“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
Arthur Schopenhauer
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:39 pm

cajunshooter wrote:A humbucker picks up vibrations, when pressed against a metal (or other material) door, that translates vibrations, clicks, clanks, scrapes, or any other sounds into analog amplified signals and it does it well. The old Humnbuckers, were designed to pick up certain higher metallic frequencies used in "Rock and Roll" guitar music. The older the pickup the better (IMHO) and they work better than contact mikes and any other mike that is designed to pick up human voices.
Try it you'll like it. :hbg:

If i ever get around to manipulation, i certainly will! thanks CS!

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks