FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

first combination manipulation

<<

blinkoj

Post Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:21 pm

first combination manipulation

Ive lurked for a while, and read a lot of documentation, so i decided to try my first manipulation. after some confusion, i managed to make the first graph, but something is off about it. the only indications i see are showing the opposite of a gate, they actually get wider! I received advise to isolate which wheel was indicating around 75-85 on RCP as that is the only thing that remotely resembles a gate, so thats what ill be doing next. In the meantime if anyone can point out my mistakes, or point me on the right path with this wonky graph, i would greatly appreciate it.

<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:44 am

Re: first combination manipulation

Welcome,
Looks to me as if your Left and Right contact points are reversed.?
<<

capt-dunc

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 pm

i like the look of 68 ish, either fine dial around there or re-graph AWR and see what that throws up.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:46 pm

as a test I would try 15, 62, 85 (run through the 9 different combo's that they could be) just to see what would happen. :) (should only take a min or 5 to try it)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

capt-dunc

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:53 pm

ignore my suggestion of 68, i've just looked properly at your scale and realised why your graph looks weird, Anarchy_won has it spot on numbers wise. it's usual to plot low numbers at the bottom of the axis going up towards the top of the page. you've created a kind of mixed up negative graph, if you cut your piece of paper in half and stick it back together with the 2 graph lines swapped over you'll have a good looking graph which will read right.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:45 am

Very good graph for a first attempt. I agree usually the graph represents the area between contact points, so you should make the new ones with 5 on top and 97 at bottom.

I'd amplify readings around 15, let's say between 12 and 18, to find this gate center.
Then I'd perform a hi-low test to see which wheel it's on.

Then I'd check the other interesting areas of the graph... but first tell us what happens with this quick and easy test.

Cheers :)

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks