FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry 6380 "Professional Quality" Safe opened

<<

hipu

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Sentry 6380 "Professional Quality" Safe opened

With the help of Riyame and Farmerfreak, I managed to drill and sight my way into a Sentry 6380 "Professional Quality" "safe". Against everyone's recommendations of using a crowbar, I drilled to see all three wheels, and popped it open. Here's some pics and deets for anyone else stupid enough to do this.

This is the front of the safe, in case there is some variation within the model number.

Professional Quality.

Here's the back, and the mechanism. The lever mech is very very sloppy. This is not beneficial to feeling what's up inside, but could be due to wear. This safe is not brand new. The fence and gates, however, are VERY sloppy. This is beneficial to most things. In most cases, if you smack the lever back and forth, and you're close enough to the gate, it will adjust itself and the fence will close. This has worked for up to 1/8" away from the gate edge in my testing. There's really only about 15 different positions with how wide the stock gates are. The 100 numbers are, as usual, a scare tactic. (I will be upgrading the gates on my lock ;)

Here be the discs. The direct disc has 12 evenly spaced out areas, 10 are false gates, one is the true gate, and one is raised with no false gate. The one that is raised is directly across from the true gate, so you can quite easily get the first number from that.\
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 am

Re: Sentry 6380 "Professional Quality" Safe opened

Looking at the boltwork
If your gonna upgrade the wheelpack
Dont forget the boltwork
Most attacks dont involve finesse
just old brute force
Would also suggest possibly
replacing the turn handle
With a high security pin tumbler cam lock

Double your security - something you know something you have
But it depends on how you use the safe
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:01 am

That is not a safe, it is a fire proofed box. If you drilled it, it is no longer fire proof as it is now "modified" and thus its value is now scrap metal.
<<

hipu

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Well....it doesn't have much metal in it to start with. I don't think I'd get 20 cents for it.
It's not fire proofed, there is no such thing as a fire proof box. I have, if anything,
affected the fire protection rating of the box. Which is not something I'm terribly concerned about.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:40 pm

hipu wrote:Well....it doesn't have much metal in it to start with. I don't think I'd get 20 cents for it.
It's not fire proofed, there is no such thing as a fire proof box. I have, if anything,
affected the fire protection rating of the box. Which is not something I'm terribly concerned about.

It was fire proofed to a certain time limit.
<<

hipu

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:57 am

It's still relatively childproof, good for storing my soda in.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks