FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

First combination lock manipulation thanks to Oldfast!

<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:36 am

First combination lock manipulation thanks to Oldfast!

Ok so it was just a Master Lock, but it was really exciting for me! I bought it at a garage sale years ago with no combo and whenever I was bored I'd pick it up and try three numbers for fun. I had no clue how to manipulate my way out of a wet paper bag. Haha! Every once in a while I'd get determined and try the 12 gate method and had absolutely no luck. But I thought I'd try seeing what the guys here at KP had to say about it and sure enough this wealth of knowledge payed off. I found a link to Oldfast's YouTube video where he opens like 10 of those locks in 2 minutes! Then he does an awesome job explaining how to do it. I thought it would be impossible for me to do it but it actually works! Finding the third number in the process (which is actually is the 2nd number in the combo) is the hardest part. The reading is very faint but it is there. I had to do it with a lock I knew the combo to first a few times just to find out exactly what the marker points felt like to my fingers but after a few times I tried it on that garage sale lock I had and found the combo amazingly fast and easy! Thanks so much kp community and especially in this case Oldfast! I can't wait to find some more!!!:D :combolock: :combolock: :drool: :combolock:
<<

ith

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:58 am

Re: First combination lock manipulation thanks to Oldfast!

Awesome man! I will have to check out his video too then. I have an old Master combo that I pick up from time to time and do the same thing. Nice job!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:01 am

wow great work mate. please link Oldfasts video
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:41 am

Papa Gleb wrote:wow great work mate. please link Oldfasts video

https://youtu.be/AHD__g4pS_c

Sorry I never know what's OK to post as far as videos on here:D but since you asked for it here it is. Haha!
<<

Neilau

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Hey, might be "just a Master" but it is a blast just the same.

I got one a few weeks back using OF's method (and posted it on "What have you picked today").

I used to just shim them but couldn't get this one so I did what you did. Watched OF's video and got the sucker in about 10 mins. Like you say, finding the second number is the tricky part but after a few goes you stare to get the feel.

Same feeling when it opens. :hbg:

I guess you could say we are now "Twirly men" LOL ---- on to bigger and harder wheels ............

BTW, it was a lock that OF had sent me.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 pm

LockButchEEEEEeeeeer! :spinning: Well done sir!

Makes me very happy to hear that vid brought you some fun & excitement!
That was my first-ever youtube vid & one of my (very few) discoveries to date.
I could've been a little more comfortable on camera, lol... and probably could've
simplified the explanation a bit better. But hey, apparently it makes enough sense.
Learning on a lock with a known combo (just as you did) is always the best way to go.

Although this method works on MANY of the Masters out there... keep in mind it is not
effective on ALL of them. For example, I have a slew of the keyed master combo locks
that do not respond to this method at all. It will work on many of the older ones though
as well as any of them you might purchase today. I picked one up from Walmart about
a month ago... yup.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Oldfast wrote:LockButchEEEEEeeeeer! :spinning: Well done sir!

Makes me very happy to hear that vid brought you some fun & excitement!
That was my first-ever youtube vid & one of my (very few) discoveries to date.
I could've been a little more comfortable on camera, lol... and probably could've
simplified the explanation a bit better. But hey, apparently it makes enough sense.
Learning on a lock with a known combo (just as you did) is always the best way to go.

Although this method works on MANY of the Masters out there... keep in mind it is not
effective on ALL of them. For example, I have a slew of the keyed master combo locks
that do not respond to this method at all. It will work on many of the older ones though
as well as any of them you might purchase today. I picked one up from Walmart about
a month ago... yup.

Mike,

What method do you use for decoding the keyed Master combo locks?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:....What method do you use for decoding the keyed Master combo locks?

A shim and flashlight works ok, lol. Kinda takes all the fun out of it though. Why? You have a way with em?
I purchased a box full for dirt cheap a while back, but never really messed with em. Rainy day project maybe.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks