FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry v330 series direct entry

<<

nMkjordon

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Sentry v330 series direct entry

Hello all, Im new to this forum and manipulation in general i have done alot of research and this is my first safe.. Only problem im having is unlike all the other sentry posts i have read my safe seems to be different i found one video that shows the wheels on my safe and the wheels are completely smooth all the way around and the wheels binds up in 3 different places no matter which wheel im on or which way im turning it binds up around 20-50-90 and im stumped since i cannot follow other directions as the wheels are completely smooth all the way around other than the bind up stops any help is appreciated... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENkOjMKj2OA video of the safe i have
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: Sentry v330 series direct entry

the V330 has 2 wheels and a rear driver. the drive wheel should have 2 false gates.
try combo 3L- 2R-1L. if that fails then try 3R-2L-1R
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

nMkjordon

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Well this is my first safe given to me, how would i go about finding the combination whenever the wheels are smooth like this one?
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:00 pm

PM sent
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

nMkjordon

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

From everything I have read on this forum and the locksmith guide, I dont think any of the techniques will work for this lock but I feel like it should be more simple than others since there is only 2 false gates instead of others that have 11 or 12+. Im just needing help figuring out how to go about finding the combination with the wheels being smooth and while holding the key the wheel locks up and will not move in the 3 different spots i mentioned in the first post after checking again it locks up loosely with movement 21-24 51-54 and 92.5-95.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:20 pm

What you've probably got is 3 gates on the 3rd wheel 2 of which are fake. For securityI can't give specific details but I can give you the just. you need to measure handle measurements to see for changes in the amount of movement. If the handle moves more you have the 3rd number if it has a more shallow movement you have a false gate. Chances are the other 2 wheels have false gates too. Good luck
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:20 pm

the 2 false gates in the safe has been established. on the youtube video take note of where the drive wheel ends up after the 1st # in the combo is dialed. the #1 wheel and drive wheel both line up with the tailpiece. probably just a coincidence of this particular safe .
try the # span to find the #3 wheel. when found, place #1 wheel (and keep track of) on any # on the dial. search for #2 wheel progressively going X amount of #s at a time and then return to driver gate and try turning key. work around the dial with #2 wheel and going back to drive wheel each time and turning key. after going around dial and no results move your #1 wheel X amount of #s and work the #2 wheel the same way and checking key each time. etc,etc. i have let no secrets out of the "you can't mention that" bag. it's called progressive elimination and is used quite often with direct entry locks and even has been on youtube.
<<

nMkjordon

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks a lot bitbuster, I just now got it open using the above method. It did take me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get it as i started out parking wheel #1 on 50 and going down from there in incriments of 5, i figured i would go down 50,45,40,35 ect until I got down to 15 and I noticed whenever i got wheel 2 to 98 the key started turning about a 1/4 turn further than normal and tried turning the drive wheel through all numbers and nothing worked until I got down wheel 2 to 55 and when the drive wheel got back up to 95 walaa it opened!! Thanks for your help in opening my first safe even though it is just a sentry when i finally got it open if felt amazing!!
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:34 pm

good job!!!
<<

nMkjordon

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Also I noticed in all my searches on this forum I found not one single post that has anyone opening this particular safe or if not this specific model a safe similar to this one with same kind of wheels and direct entry so I hope this post will be helpful to anyone in case they are having difficulties opening this same model and or one similar, I know if it wasn't for your post explaining to me the process of elimination I still wouldn't have the safe opened and wouldn't have a working safe in my possession so thanks again, I really hope this post helps someone as much as it did for me. I'm also glad to be a part of this forum now, I hope to learn everything that I possibly can on other locks and more difficult locks from here on with the help of this forum.. Thanks all!
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:06 pm

all those that chimed in had a hand in this opening. nMkjordon......i see your username changed from orange to blue !!!!
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Well done nMkjordon! And good help from bitbuster. Nice
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

nMkjordon

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:30 pm

I noticed that as well bitbuster, what does it mean when it changed from orange to blue? I feel as if I saw the reason somewhere on this forum but can't for the life of me remember where I saw it or what the reasoning was for it lol.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:22 pm

....that you are now worthy ??? i don't know. an administrator should chime in with correct info.
<<

nMkjordon

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Maybe they change it whenever you manipulate your very first safe on the forum.. If not though it would be a pretty cool idea lol :) or may just turn blue after 4 or 5 posts
Next

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks