FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LET'S REWORK A MOSLER, SHALL WE?

<<

tck2165

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am

Re: LET'S REWORK A MOSLER, SHALL WE?

Thanks for the reply. Like I said I don't know anything about these old safes. Thanks for all the information. The one I found does not have a small door on it just a plate with 4 bolts and a dail. I would put a picture of it up but I have no idea how haha.
<<

tck2165

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm not sure if mine has been modified but I got to the back of the lock. Thank you very much for your advice and documenting your progress on your awesome safe. I have learned a tremendous amount. And sorry to hijack your post.

Thanks again.
<<

ZOOMDOLL

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 am

I have an opportunity to purchase a safe very similar to yours. It is currently open. How would I go about figuring out the combination? Is there a plate to remove behind the door? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am

The lock on page 1 here has this shiny round over. It is possible to remove this to set a new combination.

Any photos from your safe?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:09 pm

As MH said, post some pictures. The combination can be easily discovered and reset if you care to. If you buy it, do not close the door all the way. It cannot be accidentally locked if the door is not closed completely. The circled notch must be in the 9 o'clock position directly across from the lock bolt in order for it to be thrown.

You could also tape something in the front trap door that the lock bolts to to keep it ajar if it is not rusted shut. If the trap door is loose and flops open be careful to not break it off when moving this heavy safe. Hey, shit happens! Does it have the time lock? The value diminishes substantially if it is missing. Lets see some photos!
It is time... stand up for a constitutional America. Without it, we have shed blood in vain.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks