FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

DIY autodialer article

<<

madsamurai

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:59 pm

DIY autodialer article

Ran across this article today, thought you guys might find it interesting...
https://www.wired.com/story/watch-robot-crack-safe/?utm_content=57876261&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:14 am

Re: DIY autodialer article

Warning that the Wired page is full of ads and is extremely sluggish to open.

But yeah, nicely done machine, albeit a bit slow due to using geared motors (from the looks of it) and missing a couple of things from the testing sequence that would speed it up even more. Reminds me of my own dialer machine that I did a couple years ago that doesn't yet have the capability to open safes with handles, but maybe I should get back to it :)
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Warning that the Wired page is full of ads and is extremely sluggish to open.

But yeah, nicely done machine, albeit a bit slow due to using geared motors (from the looks of it) and missing a couple of things from the testing sequence that would speed it up even more. Reminds me of my own dialer machine that I did a couple years ago that doesn't yet have the capability to open safes with handles, but maybe I should get back to it :)

You should. I knew you would be interested in this thread. When it can do handles, automating direct entry might be possible too. Not really needed, but nice.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Yeah, to get it to test handles is an easy thing to do, just add an output for a solenoid or DC servo and an input for "opened" sensor and add couple of lines of code to make it all happen :)

The dialer is in bits right now, but I think I will rebuild it and tweak the code a little, all I remember that I got it to chooch properly and it was fast, but never tweaked it to commercial status. Maybe it is time to do that :)

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks