FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cannon 21FB Safe

<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:29 am

Re: Cannon 21FB Safe

That may be an option as it isn't bolted down though I am not sure what if anything is in it and I'm not sure how feasible it would be to get it on it's side or back. Unfortunately I am also limited in the length of scope I have access to. I really need to get a real long one.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:36 am

There are the cheap USB scopes from china. 2m long and more if required and works with Android and OTG. Problem is that if you use the mirror you can't use the LEDs, because that way it is mostly the LEDs which are visible. In this case this should not be a problem.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:40 am

I will look into that. I bought one of those actually and was extremely disappointed in the way it worked. This one at least. I'm sure there are probably better ones. It may be possible to bend the end of the scope in such a way so as to allow it to view the change key hole directly. It definitely would be nice to avoid drilling if at all possible. I just confirmed that the safe is empty and not secured to the floor so there is a chance!

Brandan
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

I have here or in koksa.org somewhere photos from the key hole made with this scope, but I can't find them.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:25 am

Alright, I ordered one of the long chinese endoscopes and think that I am most likely going to be attempting this method. The tricky part is going to be getting the same on its side.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm

I wish you a clean opening.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Found it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

tarboxb

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Awesome! Unfortunately according to Cannon there is no easily removable change key cover so I think it's going to be drilling for the lock.
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I wish this thread had received a report as to the lock actually found inside.

In my very limited experience with Canon, they seem to be notorious for putting overkill locks on safes. For some reason, they installed a Group 2M LaGard 3370 on an RSC gun safe, where most other manufacturers suffice with a Group 2 lock. Put another way, a burglar would most likely end up getting into a typical RSC gun safe these days by means other than through the lock. On the other hand, an owner usually has to resort to having their safe manipulated or drilled to open if he wants a safe that is still useful. A Group 2M lock rules out manipulation for most, leaving the owner with a safe that has to be drilled. Why? There's a time and a place for 2M, 1, or 1R locks, and RSCs are not one of them. JMO
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm

You have the equipment. Just pull the dial, drill for the fence and weld a hardened bearing in the hole. It will be stronger when you repair it than it is now. The dial will cover your repair.
By the way, that must be one hell of a scope that looks through the change key hole from a mounting hole on a gun safe!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks