FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Popped my safe-cracking cherry with a Diplomat MC-350

<<

Hippo_vibrations

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 am

Re: Popped my safe-cracking cherry with a Diplomat MC-350

Werewolf wrote:Not on an open board that is indexed by Google.
PM sent

Sounds quite sensible :) Message received loud and clear!

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Congrats Hippo_vibratios and if your location is correct, terveppä terve ;) You can send me a PM if you like a chat.

Those Diplomat safes are quite typical to find in residential houses here, plus all the knock-off variants of it. The Diplomat is nice in that you can get the key made for it just from the number on the lock itself and the combination mechanism can be examined for a minute to give you a list of all the possible numbers for each wheel, thus making the opening quite easy.

Cheers! And heippati vaan right back at ya :D I still have the safe in hand for a while, I guess I should take a look at the locking mechanism one more time to write down the number possibilities, just in case there's a chance/need to open one of those again in the future. The key-operated part of the lock actually made me sad, I was planning to have a fun little evening pick with it, but the lock opened by just entering the picks into the lock :???:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 am

With locks of this type I formed the habbit of not bothering with the key anymore, but to just use a jiggler.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 pm

(pics & words)- Great account of your journey with this! Enjoyed following along.

Sooo gratifying(!), I know. Well done for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Hippo_vibrations

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:54 am

Oldfast wrote:(pics & words)- Great account of your journey with this! Enjoyed following along.

Sooo gratifying(!), I know. Well done for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks! I'm sure to remember the feeling of opening it for the rest of my life :D
<<

norriekr

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Its been great to find this thread. Ive enjoyed it very much. Co-vid lockdown2 UK has left me looking for "projects" to keep me busy! Ive had the same model (MC-350N) in a cupboard for many years with a lost combination... miraculously found the key. Any advice would be welcomed. So far I'll be following the Hippo_vibrations methodology, as far as I can understand it, but be great to hear Werewolfs method too if anyone would care to share. Ive no knowledge of this so my learning curve is steep but I promise not to be a nuisance :-)

I''m pretty sure I have identified the "drop" for wheel 4 so its onwards to next stage.
<<

edocdab

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:31 am

Should make a fun project. Can you share some pictures and update us on the progress? The descriptions should be pretty much clear in this thread. It will take some time and learning but is fun to do!
My youtube channel: https://youtube.com/c/edocdab
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:58 pm

I use the stainless steel inserts for windshield wiper blades as a pointer on the handle of direct interference safes. Just sharpen one end to a point and attach. Basically, when the pointer narrows, you've found a gate. I find a physical pointer more accurate.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks