FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Barska floor safe and clones

<<

jharrison

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Barska floor safe and clones

This floor mounted lock box is sold under a variety of names:

https://www.amazon.com/Barska-0-22-Cubi ... Floor+Safe

I would be mounting this in a wood floor with suitable reinforcing from below. It's not practical to put a "real" floor safe where I'd like this to go. I'd like to know if you think this would be suitable as a home burglary safe and your opinion on that style of locking mechanism. It would be used for personal documents and data backups. No guns, drugs or cash, etc.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 am

Re: Barska floor safe and clones

In Germany I would say, that this box protects hopefully against the most basic burglar, someone who has only a screw driver. A slightly more advanced burglar will either break it open or rip it out of the floor. With tools lying around the most basic burglar can upgrade itself to a more or less advanced burglar. I don't know the situation somewhere else.

Unfortunately a burglar can't look into a safe. When he takes the safe with him to open it somewhere else it is to late for him to notice that there is nothing worthwhile.

Have also a look at: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=12740
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks