FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gardex GX1 Fire safe....

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Re: Gardex GX1 Fire safe....

I would scan 18-25 in steps of 1 with the same method as in the last graph (AWL?) to find the best spot of the gate and then identify the wheel. In my experience it is best to use +/- 5 instead of +/- 10 with the 6730. Just like in this case the numbers directly next to the gate are higher than the numbers a little further away. Depending on the mindset the graph of a gate area looks like a cross section of a volcano or something more intimate. (A dirty mind is a joy forever.)
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Matt, welcome.

Looks to me like everything is under control around here :cool: We will soon see the inside of this one.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:28 pm

First off...

Just got back home from the woods. Was a fun trip. Seems as though I am full of energy so I may start graphing tonight.

Martin, Thanks for the insight, and ya, I may not have been thinking volcano either. lol.

And thanks for the welcome Oldfast. I hope you are correct in this door swinging soon.

More to follow in the next 24 hrs.

Cheers.

matt.
:safedial:
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Hey hey!!!

Looks pretty promising so far.
Will run high/low after dinner and then on to second number graphing all wheels right for the second number.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 pm

It does!

Not all wheels right! If 22 is the gate in W3, then only the first two wheels right and W3 left @22.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:It does!

Not all wheels right! If 22 is the gate in W3, then only the first two wheels right and W3 left @22.

Thanks man. Just saved me a whole bunch more time.

<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am

So I finished out the first graph, just because.

The high low test was easy when done with the right number. But I am not sure if the high low test is done right. I thought the widest numbers would signify the wheel in the pack that the digit belonged to.

Still fell like im in a bit over my head with this but I desperately want to swing that door!!

On to the second digit.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 am

Yup. Looks to me like W3 is at 21. Then scan W1 and W2 around right with W3 at 21. To do this turn the wheel around at least four times up to ... let's say 18. (Just in case it is a birth date of a loved one.) Then turn left until you get 21 the second time. Back to the drop zone and get the CPs. Then turn right over the 21 up to 18 and turn two more to 16. Then twice 21, CP reading, 14, and so on.
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Ok. Thanks again Martin. That what I was on track to do anyways but love the confirmation.

So now Im a bit unsure. I would look for a number around 70, or maybe 92 to 94. Seems as though those contact points are fairly close.

Wadda yah think?

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 pm

70 is the highest lever position. You do not want this! The best candidate looks to me indeed to be 92 to 94. 76/78 could also be interesting. I would put W1 somewhere in the range of 18 to 24 and scan W2 only. So 4x left to e.g. 22, then 3x right to again 18 and do the same graph.
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:54 am

MartinHewitt wrote:70 is the highest lever position. You do not want this! The best candidate looks to me indeed to be 92 to 94. 76/78 could also be interesting. I would put W1 somewhere in the range of 18 to 24 and scan W2 only. So 4x left to e.g. 22, then 3x right to again 18 and do the same graph.

Did you forget to add that I should turn left to my last digit as well? (L21)
When you say scan W2 only, does that mean not enter the last digit of L21?

I was told that if a gate does not stand out at you, that sometimes its beside a drastic change. So when you said 76-78 That peaked my interest.
The possible gate at 92-94 does not feel right. The contact points are larger then its neighbors by an 8th of an inch. REALLY splitting hairs there.
Maybe that what it takes but it would be a shame to guess the wrong digit here and spin 100 combos again with no results.

I would be keen to work on 76-78.

Thanks for the help!

Matt.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 am

Putting W3@L21 is implicitly contained in "do the same graph". :) If you do not put W3 there you will about the same graph as the first one. So put W1 somewhere nice and try all (even) numbers in W2 with w3@L21.

92/94 is not a good indication so is 76/78, so there might be a gate or not. With W1 at a cozy place there is a good chance it will become clear. Just scan the whole range.
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 am

Well....
Thanks again Martin for all your help. Nice to have a bit of feed back. Makes it easier to justify the time spent turning that dial.

Here is the latest graph with W1@18, W2@ R0-100, W3@ L21.

Still not seeing anything. The contact points are exactly as I felt them. I feel I really have that soft touch now for accurate feel of both gates. So I can eliminate that as a variable. Lord knows I've spun this thing enough now. May have to consider a lock change once I get it open. Harhar.

I would guess the gate to be around 74 to 78. But Im guessing.

Kinda impressed how symmetrical this graph was this time.

Thanks again for the feed back.

Matt.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 am

Hm. No gates. You can continue with looking what has the nearest CPs of these combinations: 0/93/21, 40/93/21, 50/93/21, 60/93/21, 70/93/21. If you do not get better than CPs 99/8, then try a different value for W2, e.g. 77 or 10. Then pick the best value for W1 and repeat your last graph.

You, your CP reading seems to be very consistent.
<<

mattinbc

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:01 pm

70 and 90 were the only different ones.
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks