FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Frequency filter for safe opening

<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:40 am

Frequency filter for safe opening

I have an excellent audio amp for hearing whats happening in a safe.

The EZ AMP is the lightest and most compact audio amplifier available for safe and vault work and still has all the amplification power you'd find in larger audio amps. The secret behind the EZ AMP’s remarkable size is all the necessary amplification circuitry is housed inside the body of the pickup itself which completely eliminates the need for a separate control box. The amplification circuitry inside the EZ AMP is designed to selectively amplify specific sound frequencies associated with safe work while tuning out background noise which results in industry leading sound quality and the ability to clearly pick up faint sounds that other amplifiers miss due to ambient nose.

The amplification circuitry inside the EZ AMP is designed to selectively amplify specific sound frequencies associated with safe work while tuning out background noise which results in industry leading sound quality and the ability to clearly pick up faint sounds that other amplifiers miss due to ambient noise.

Does anyone know what frequencies to filter out to optimize the experience?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 am

Re: Frequency filter for safe opening

I bought some years ago something that looked exactly like the EZ AMP and cam in the same box. The sound quality is really bad compared to my high end portable audio recorder. That one has switches to do some filtering. The EZ AMP doesn't. I don't think it does any filtering. It is probably just marketing.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Frequency filter for safe opening

The EZ Amp is garbage. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNXYSMM/re ... BEbYQTQ2Z7
It's a 9 dollar amp with a ceramic magnet added. They send you the EZ Amp in the original box with a sticker over the top.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks