FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Safe lock Noob.

<<

SerratedRabbit

Post Fri May 08, 2020 7:52 am

Re: Safe lock Noob.

kenneth_v wrote:I have never had any duty charges when shipping in from the us

Make sure it is shipped USPS and not fedex or UPS as the brokerage fees will kill you and they never miss charging you everything they can!

When shipped USPS, I dont think there has ever been anything owed besides gst and pst, and often there is nothing owed, it just shows up at the door

Thanks Kenneth!
I've just been a little "gun shy" about duties since my wife bought a bathing suit from china and the duties and taxes were like 5 times the price of the suit. It wasn't a big deal but you know. I'm cheap. :)

Also thank you to everyone who chimed in to answer and clarify my concerns. I pulled the trigger last night (and luckily I'm cheap so I went with the USPS option). so sleepless nights until they get here!!

And an extra shoutout to Mr Hewitt. Been going through all the old post and came across this quote this morning.

"I believe you could put a homo neanderthalensis in front of a safe and he will spin the dial."

Martin, You clearly have an understanding of the human condition!
Cheers!
<<

SerratedRabbit

Post Fri May 08, 2020 8:00 am

Re: Safe lock Noob.

L4R3L2 wrote:It was decades ago, but Macanudo Earl of Lonsdale Café and Dunhill Montecruz maduro were my favorites, before handmade cigars became "money pits". I once bought some Cuban-made Montecristo pyramids in Canada around 1985 during a ski trip, but some thief in uniform stole them from me at the airport coming home.

I find a cup of weak coffee sharpens the senses for manipulating. Maybe coffee and a cigar might be even better! Good luck on your new hobby.

You and I are on the same wavelength. I got a deal on a bunch of Macanudo lonsdale tubos a while back and they are my favorite to have in the morning with my coffee. I figure I will have lots of time to experiment with cigars and locks this summer. :)

I have this idea of pictures of my safe locks and regular locks with my sparrows revolver being used as a cigar rest.

Anyway, thank you again to everyone for responding. Did not expect so many replies to a few simple questions from a brand new member. Says a lot about the crowd I've inserted myself into.

Cheers and have a great day!
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks