FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hall's safe problem

<<

tbucit

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Hall's safe problem

[img][img][/img][/img]Hello, I'm Randall, I have always been interested in locks as one of my hobbies are old parking meters and most don't have keys so they need to be picked. I mostly eventually get them open but by no means am very good at it. However this is about a safe I got and of course it is not open. I have watched several videos, contacted a safe company which expected the cost to drill the safe at around $500, which may be a good price but the safe is not worth that much. Someone in the past has drilled several holes (about 1/2 inch) front and rear. I think they wanted to see if anything was in the safe. I removed the silicon that was used to fill the holes and used a scope to look inside and as I thought it shows empty.

The safe is a Hall's Safe Co not a Hall's Safe and Lock Co safe. It has a 100 number dial. I believe it is a 4 left 3 right 2 left 1 right sequence. The 10 gates are at 5's on the dial, I think the first number is 65 using a pointer method I saw on youtube. Is there a measurement that can be used to drill to gain access to the gates to scope? Is there anyone in the 30013 zip code that is wanting a challenge? I don't ever expect to be in this situation again so not sure I want to spend years to understand this process for one safe.

Trying to add picture will post after I read what to do.

It is a small unit about 27 inches tall.

Any help, thoughts, or suggestions will be appreciated very much

Randall
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Re: Hall's safe problem

Welcome to the forum. Here is a post to show you how to upload pictures to your posts. http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6755
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

tbucit

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks for the pic info I'll try

Randall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:08 am

The painting was in a really good condition. It is a shame this safe was drilled. From what you write I guess it would be also a nice challenge for you.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:03 am

Nice butcher job on the drilling.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

tbucit

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Yes I think the drilling was only to look inside. There are three more holes on the backside. If or when I get it open I will be able to fix all the holes, but it will a complete repaint to make them disappear completely.

Randall
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:04 pm

tbucit wrote:Yes I think the drilling was only to look inside. There are three more holes on the backside. If or when I get it open I will be able to fix all the holes, but it will a complete repaint to make them disappear completely.

Randall

I'm sure you'll do a fine job of it.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks