FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Any information on older safe locks

<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:33 am

Re: Any information on older safe locks

MartinHewitt wrote:I think I don't understand your description of what's happening.

They look like you could separate them they look uneven instead of being level to the wheel they are not on all 3 wheels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:41 pm

I would like to point out, that your nut is halve turned. It should be like in your very first photo of this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:08 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I would like to point out, that your nut is halve turned. It should be like in your very first photo of this thread.

I had them that way I couldn't use the key cause the hole dont line up for the key. Meaning when i try the key it won't go in the hole until I move like in photo
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:05 am

Then your key is probably not the right key.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:01 am

MartinHewitt wrote:Then your key is probably not the right key.

I never thought that. I used the s&g key I got with 6730. Well if thats it I'm going to be looking for one. Any ideas what key to look for.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:47 am

There are change keys where this "flag" is on the edge and others were it is on the flat side.

Sometimes there are change keys on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173528570408
Another option is to make one yourself. You could make it from square stock or from round stock and grind it to a square where needed. The "flag" can be soldered or a threaded pin can be screwed in. I have seen the second option on newer Kromer change keys. If the lock is not in a safe it is also good enough without flag.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:06 am

MartinHewitt wrote:There are change keys where this "flag" is on the edge and others were it is on the flat side.

Sometimes there are change keys on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173528570408
Another option is to make one yourself. You could make it from square stock or from round stock and grind it to a square where needed. The "flag" can be soldered or a threaded pin can be screwed in. I have seen the second option on newer Kromer change keys. If the lock is not in a safe it is also good enough without flag.

I have some square stock thats a little bigger so I can file the access off. Thank you now back to spinning.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am

Here is the mosler cd 120 I have never seen the insides like this it have a relocker built-in and instead of brass i think that is some kind of plastic or rubber. Any information again would be great. I'm going to try to mount it today heres some pics...
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks