FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

J Baum Safe with Yale Lock

<<

Grim284

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:37 pm

J Baum Safe with Yale Lock

Hi all!

I have a J Baum safe with Yale lock. What can you all tell me about it!? I am new to safes/locks and want to know how this thing works in hopes of eventually being able to crack it.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:52 am

Re: J Baum Safe with Yale Lock

That one is in an extremely nice condition! That viewtopic.php?p=118054#p118054 is what you should about find in your safe. Nearly all Baum fire safes and probably all of them with a Yale dial have a version of this lock. It dials like a normal modern safe lock, e.g. the S&G 6730, but can be also dialed in reverse with corrected numbers. Locking requires a left turn. From what Oldfast wrote I expect the manipulation depending on wear to be somewhere between like a normal modern safe lock and a creative journey.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

SafecrackinSammmy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:56 am

Looks like somebody has drilled and plugged it before.

Notice that big shiny plug at 65 between the handle and dial.

Bad part is it looks like that may match up with the fence screw versus being just a scope hole.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:20 am

I think one has to be very sure on the variant of the lock to drill for the fence screw.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks