FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gaining entry to a safe with damaging the contents

<<

I Don't Forget

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 am

Gaining entry to a safe with damaging the contents

Yo guys, I watched loads of films where safe cracking is involved and yes I know its only a film but opening a safe using just a stethascope has been done but I just wondering how hard is it if your new to doing it? And also films aften feature drilling, does anyone have any guides on drilling safes or using just the stethascope? No I dont want to be a bank robbery im just curious I have an old safe in my garage I dont know the numbers to it anymore and thought well I might aswell try to gain access to it without paying for a locksmith. Is it just a case of drilling right into the safe so you can see the wheel set? Ive never done anything like this before so some help would be awesome, what signs / noises am I looking for when using the stethascope?

Cheers guys. Remember guides are good! :D
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Re: Gaining entry to a safe with damaging the contents

First welcome to Keypicking,

This is a site dedicated to lock sport. We manipulate locks for fun and to test our skill. We will not start discussing how to gain entry into a safe that you "own" ( keep in mind we don't know you ). Even if you were told haw to manipulate the lock to open it the skill required is not something that you just have it has to be learned through hours and hours of practice. As for the cheep and dirty way of drilling that too takes specialized knowledge that is not and will not be made available in the general forum. Feel free to stick around and learn a few tricks if lock picking interests you. However if all you want is to open X safe don't waste your time or ours.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:56 pm

It is not just as simple as picking up a drill and randomly drilling the face of the safe. There are precise measurements that need to be take as to where to drill - and that type of info is specific to the safe mfg, model, etc.

Those details are never discussed in the open forum and are specifically reserved for locksmiths and other security professionals.

Thanks for your question though, and please enjoy the other aspects of locksport available on rest of the forum.

HC
<<

I Don't Forget

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:08 pm

.45cal wrote:First welcome to Keypicking,

This is a site dedicated to lock sport. We manipulate locks for fun and to test our skill. We will not start discussing how to gain entry into a safe that you "own" ( keep in mind we don't know you ). Even if you were told haw to manipulate the lock to open it the skill required is not something that you just have it has to be learned through hours and hours of practice. As for the cheep and dirty way of drilling that too takes specialized knowledge that is not and will not be made available in the general forum. Feel free to stick around and learn a few tricks if lock picking interests you. However if all you want is to open X safe don't waste your time or ours.

I came to this forum with the hope of some knowledge, clearly this is not the case. I am not intrested in lock picking as a sport, however i'm sure as a lock picker yourself you have read some guides which list techniques and tools used. This is all i'm seeking but instead of lock picking i'm after a similar guide but for safe cracking. If your not willing to discuss this openly on the forum that's fine but please refrain from being ignorant by calling me a time waster.

@ HC thank you for replying. I understand specific info can't be discussed on the forums but i'm just asking for a guide. I'm sure there out there but I thought people that may have experience with this may be able to link me to an approved guide or something.

Thanks anyway.
<<

bouncer965

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I Don't Forget wrote:
.45cal wrote:First welcome to Keypicking,

I came to this forum with the hope of some knowledge, clearly this is not the case. I am not intrested in lock picking as a sport, however i'm sure as a lock picker yourself you have read some guides which list techniques and tools used. This is all i'm seeking but instead of lock picking i'm after a similar guide but for safe cracking. If your not willing to discuss this openly on the forum that's fine but please refrain from being ignorant by calling me a time waster.

@ HC thank you for replying. I understand specific info can't be discussed on the forums but i'm just asking for a guide. I'm sure there out there but I thought people that may have experience with this may be able to link me to an approved guide or something.

Thanks anyway.

Well if its accessing a safe that your after, then i can guarantee one thing, its not going to be a walk in the park finding that sort of information out, either here or any other avenue that you so choose. If you need or want to gain access then why not contact the manufacturers. Seems strange that you have no interest in Lock sport but you wish to crack a safe open!!! Maybe hone your skills on a suitcase lock and have a big build p to the grand final of the safe door openning..........blimey i should write movies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 pm

There are plenty of books available on this subject...try doing a google search. Sieveking Products Co does offer books on manipulation and opening, Dave Mcomie books, Bob murray books, lockmasters also sells books on subject. As far as dvds or videos you are looking at hundreds of dollars for each course. If you are looking into the trade Look up S.A.V.T.A safe and vault tech associaton.. If you are just looking to open your safe at home you should search YOU TUBE...Safe opening takes years and years of training because of all the different variables...Lockmasters also offers safe tech. courses for beginners..Not that anyone here does not want to help this forum is more geared towards locks and lockpicking.
<<

I Don't Forget

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:There are plenty of books available on this subject...try doing a google search. Sieveking Products Co does offer books on manipulation and opening, Dave Mcomie books, Bob murray books, lockmasters also sells books on subject. As far as dvds or videos you are looking at hundreds of dollars for each course. If you are looking into the trade Look up S.A.V.T.A safe and vault tech associaton.. If you are just looking to open your safe at home you should search YOU TUBE...Safe opening takes years and years of training because of all the different variables...Lockmasters also offers safe tech. courses for beginners..Not that anyone here does not want to help this forum is more geared towards locks and lockpicking.

Thank you for the help, I could just take a sledge hammer to it lol but I doubt that will open the door its like 2ft * 2ft and it weighs ALOT. The reason I wanted to have ago at cracking it is because I have seen peeople in movies doing it so here I am with this old safe with no combination so why not have ago? Well I didnt realise it was going to take years of practice. I know with a set of lockpicks locks can be opened pretty quickly with not my practice. Yale locks with locking pins ect, tumblers I know some of them :) Anyway maybe ill just call a locksmith.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, your best bet is calling in a locksmith to open it for you. They could reset the combination for you as well. Safecracking (and lockpicking for that matter) in movies and tv shows it usually alot of puffery and bs. Even the more high security locks can take some serious skill that only comes from a long time of practice.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey man, if you tell everybody where you are from, you might have someone from this thread in your area. I won't speak for anybody, but you may get a KP discount of a buck or two from a pro. I know you would at least get good friendly service. Good luck.
<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:03 am

if it's a small safe and very heavy it's probably burglar rated, tl15, tl30, give or take in the ratings it should be 575lbs or heavier. unless you are thinking that a 100lb safe is heavy then my opinion is way off target here.

But if you do have some muscle and it is heavy like I think it's heavy, then you'd be dealing with hardened steel plate, relocking mechanism, and one hell of a tough time trying to open it with a sledge hammer.

Safe cracking is an art, it's not something you are going to learn just to open your one safe at home. It's like taking 1 martial arts class and trying to beat up anderson silvia in a UFC event, which I would pay money to see you lose, but that's just me and i offer my opinion freely. I spent many many hours studying safes, lots of money on courses, and many many hours installing, manipulating them and drilling them. so this thread is pretty funny to me.
Good luck on your journey to becoming a safe technician!

Not to mention the hours spent converting safes from old dials to keypads, or keypads to dials, or discontinued keypads to new keypads. drilling for new solenoids that no longer fit in the nice welded cage of the old solenoid, reworking the relocking mechanisms for the safes....

and still comming across safes we can't open automatically like the movies? makes me wonder if there's really a god out there :p
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

lockpickingmick

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:21 pm

hi first of all best wishes with wot you need it's a shame in these times you just cant take anybody at face value . also you have jumped straight to a sensitive area wots your zip code make model size weight of you safe you wont get a definite cure for your prob but maybe a good opening deal or some tips stick around any hoo and see wot we do best regards buddy l p m
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 pm

yeah safe talk is kind of hush hush here... also you are new. please do not start a fight with anyone right away. HC will slam down the ban hammer. and .45 is a moderator not just some noob off the street. just keep that in mind. hope all this info helps and sense you don't care about lock picking, guess we won't be seeing you around :)
<<

rickthepick

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 am

Safe opening is one of those chapters of locksmithing that is seldom shared and most locksmiths have a hard time getting their foot in the door :-D
<<

Tygart

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm

All safes are different, I have only had a chance to work on one safe. It was a direct drive as I recall, were you could find the numbers. I got two of the numbers correct, the owner thought but he was not sure. He could not open it for some reason, he was sure all the numbers were right.

His son took a sludge hammer, pry bars to it and never got it open.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Ok, well I think the OP got the point that noone was going to magically impart years of practice and learning into him by osmosis and took his ball and went home.

Thread locked, there really is no more that needs to be said here.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks