FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Look what I found...

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Look what I found...

I am gonna try to find a way to finagle it out of him.

I was thinking the same :geek:

Nice find :razz:
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Exactly what Hallis said. I have heard of items being proven to be used in the railroad industry, etc, etc, by researching serial numbers, sometimes there is still a record somewhere of said piece being bought by "such and such" Railroad. A safe especially is something that could very easily be identified by the serial number because of it being stolen, and for insurance purposes.

true. any numbers on it usmc?
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 am

usmcboltaction wrote:I was checking out some family land, and found this safe. My uncle says he got it in a trade from a guy who bought part of the rail line that was used to build Grand Coulee Damn. He has both combos and it looks like it has no damage on the inside. I am gonna try to find a way to finagle it out of him.

I know absolutely nothing about safes, so can anyone tell me anything about value?

I'd try asking him nicely first, and if that didn't work I'd shout the ol fella a nice lunch at the local, and load it up while he wasn't there.(not really)

What's it worth? What ever you can take it off his hands for will be a bargain!!! :drool: :drool:
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 am

I will look for numbers next time I head out to the property. As far as getting it, I just have to be patient. I can spend hours walkin around there with my uncle and he tries to give me every broke pos in the place. If I walk around with him long enough, and keep directing us back to the area the safe is in, he will prolly say "Hey, now there is something you might like for your living room." BINGO!
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 am

Without looking to much at it looks like a H.H.M. Herring hall and marvin. Outside fire safe and inside safe might be burglar rated. I see alot around and some you can pick up for nothing and some for @$500-700. Alot of people restore them and use them as office decore. Easy to manipulate.
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:25 am

thelockoutguys wrote:Without looking to much at it looks like a H.H.M. Herring hall and marvin. Outside fire safe and inside safe might be burglar rated. I see alot around and some you can pick up for nothing and some for @$500-700. Alot of people restore them and use them as office decore. Easy to manipulate.

Great! I would love an easy one to try to play with.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:22 pm

It's Diebold. Well worth looking at the external lock to try and work out the comb for the internal box.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 pm

OLD LOCK is right. DIEBOLD. the inside jewelers chest is found on page 54 of dave mcomies book on antique safes. And also has the typical rounded diebold door.
<<

dj9990

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 am

If you don't put a tarp over it soon all the writing will disappear and it will just be another rusty old safe sitting out the back of the tractor shed.
But in any condition, I'd give my left testicle for it.
<<

golgo13

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:46 am

May or may not be it's still a great find, and it looks fairly solid
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks