FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Globe Wernicke safe

<<

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:28 am

Re: Globe Wernicke safe

Riyame wrote:The inner part of each wheel will have a small line on it that will point towards the number. Wheel 1 is the one at the bottom of the stack (closest to the cover) and will be the first number of the combination, the middle is the 2nd and the top one is the 3rd. You need to take it apart to see which number is set on each wheel.

Thanks, there is a different way, I have never disassembled the wheels in the past and yet came up with the combo. Dont even see at this point how to disassemble them.
Cant remember though how I did it but I do remember it was easy once I understood how it worked.
Just to refresh everyone's memory this is what I am looking at.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:05 am

Looks like that wheel is set to 80. But I also see a line at 61. Maybe some of the dirt and grease could be wiped away and get a better look?
I Have NOT ever had my hands on one of these type of locks. I believe it to be a mesh change type. The inner Hub separates from the outer wheel to change the combo. Usually there is a tick mark(line) scribe on the hub. To see the other wheels you would have to remove the wheels to see the next wheel.
Or....?? is it possible to line up the gates and replace the curb in the lock and back dial the combo? I hope others chime in as I know with my lack of experience and ability to explain may end up confusing you more.
Last edited by jharveee on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:08 am

Check "Oldfast: Safe Chronicles"
on page 10 and page 12 you will find some photos of locks similar to what you have.
The line that indicates the combo number seems to be directly across from the center of the fly.
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=7432

also see: https://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=9557
<<

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:50 am

Ill check it out, I know that Im not overly bright and I do remember with minimal verbal guidance that was given to me the day I bought the safe that I was able to go home that night, play around with this thing I have pictured and figure out the combo without taking anything apart. It was super simplistic once I had figured it out but as you can see from the date on my first post that was over three years ago and i just plain forgot the method I used to get it.
<<

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 am

I ended up cheating and taking the dial off the front of the safe and putting things together outside the safe to get the code, not how I originally did it but it worked and I have the code again.

Thanks for all the help, this forum is full of people just waiting to help one another out.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 am

If you tell us the combo, we'll help you remember it.

Just kidding :)
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 am

:lol:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks