FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Walked into Academy and Opened a Liberty Safe!

<<

davewhitejr

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Walked into Academy and Opened a Liberty Safe!

CPT1911 wrote:I've officially run out of safes at local Academy stores that I have not opened.

haha! me too. And last time I was at Bass pro, some of the employees who now know me and what I do there got mad at me. :wgaf: One came over and said that he would appreciate it if I didn't do that anymore because a kid could get locked in one of them...

As far as posting your graphs is concerned, I would like to see one that is different or something out of the "normal"..if you have one like that..

By the way, what are some other safe locks that we can learn to open besides the group II S&G? Any ideas?
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

There are other group 2's from other companies such as ilco, mosler, lagard, diebold, and a lot more from other countries. Oldfast has a bunch of different models that he mentions in his chronicles. In my opinion, 2M's are where it starts getting really interesting!
<<

davewhitejr

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 pm

yeah oldfast is a super honey badger. He could talk a CX-09 into peaceful submission.

Have you ever tried a 2M? Would it be all like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_|\/\/\/....
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

CPT1911 wrote:I've had a couple more opens since my last post. I've officially run out of safes at local Academy stores that I have not opened. I am thinking about starting over with ones from the beginning because I don't remember the combos (although I'm sometimes surprised that I can remember a number or two on a lock I opened ten locks ago lol).
Damn that's awesome. You're just PLOWIN' along man! Good stuff.

CPT1911 wrote:Sidenote: I audio record myself opening these now so I can go back and graph later if I can't open it. I haven't had to do it yet, but I would be more than happy to go back and graph a couple if anyone on here would find it helpful. Seriously, it's won't take long. But I haven't done it because there is already a tremendous amount of graph content on the site from Oldfast, Daggers, and others, so I wasn't sure anyone even cared. Is there anyone who would find it helpful to see a few graphs from these opens? Just let me know and I'll add to this thread.
If it isn't to much trouble or time, you might consider just graphing them and filing them away.
You never know, they may come in handy for research someday and you can pull em' out.
I can't say I've looked back into mine all too much (yet), but still, it's nice to have them.

davewhitejr wrote:By the way, what are some other safe locks that we can learn to open besides the group II S&G? Any ideas?
Really, there's quite a variety to be had just within the group 2 category, especially if you look to the older ones.
Many of which I haven't had the pleasure yet. Unfortunately it's gotten a little more costly to acquire locks than
when I first started. I was just looking through my archives the other day.... I seen one purchase I made that
was for 4 (FOUR!) safe locks.. total? $46!!. That's $11.50 per lock! HA! Now it's usually $30 and up for ONE.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

That is because your posts make manipulation look easy, Oldfast! People from this site are buying up the lock supply. Except for one local guy I bought the Yale from. He had outbid me at the last minute. Did not know it was him until he showed me the picture of the safe lock he just picked up on eBay that he thought I might like to buy. :roll:

Well, he was right about that! :twisted:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Ha! We're gonna have to start drawing straws to determine who gets to bid on what! lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:51 pm

davewhitejr wrote:As far as posting your graphs is concerned, I would like to see one that is different or something out of the "normal"..if you have one like that..

Hi davewhitejr! Funny you should say that...I had one like that today. Took me 1:08 and was pretty brutal. Nothing went well. I'll try to put something together on it later this week!
<<

davewhitejr

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

CPT1911 wrote:
Really, there's quite a variety to be had just within the group 2 category, especially if you look to the older ones.
Many of which I haven't had the pleasure yet. Unfortunately it's gotten a little more costly to acquire locks than
when I first started. I was just looking through my archives the other day.... I seen one purchase I made that
was for 4 (FOUR!) safe locks.. total? $46!!. That's $11.50 per lock! HA! Now it's usually $30 and up for ONE.

Dang. Y'all are probably bidding against each other LOL! I've never tried an older lock but I just might have the chance soon...I'm going to try to get one tomorrow if it's still there. But it's a sick shame because these dumb ass rip-off gun shop owners tried cutting into the back of the safe to make sure there was no gold inside...wait till you guys see a picture of this one. It is hand painted from the 1800s? and says "davis" on the front if I remember..

WHAT UP CPT1911!!!!!! haha I'd like to hear about it if you decide to post it :drool:
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks