FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manipulation questioni

<<

cajunshooter

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:16 am

Manipulation questioni

I am currently working on an old S&G 3 wheel lock. I have a question about the left and right contact points. Ok, when I reach the left contact at 13.5 the noise and feel is very faint and soft, while the right contact at 18 is louder and has a distinct sharp feel. I am using AWL and starting out with right turn to find the left contact and the right contact. Im new at this type of lock manipulation, have only done direct type in the past.

Question is and Im trying to confirm because of the dropin (left / right) , that the first number in the combo is a Right or clockwise number. Since this is definitely a 3 wheel, would the combo be 4R 3L 2R and then back left to open the latch????? Or am I looking at this backwards? Im confused about the way some of these spring latches work with the ramp and fence mechanism.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ron. :???:
“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
Arthur Schopenhauer
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Manipulation questioni

Since you're manipulating it to find the combo, the dialing sequence is the one you chose. You'll find the gates and dial them as you found them, or translate or check them again if you need them the opposite direction.
An example: you find a gate at Left 25. Then you find out the gate is on wheel 2. You have 2 options:
1 - Dial the combo as you found it;
You go on manipulating and park wheels #1 and #2 at Left 25, while checking wheel #3 around Right. This means you'll hopefully end up with a Right - Left - Right combo.
2 - Convert it to a Left number.
You run a quick test with all wheels Right between 23 and 27 to find the new gate center and use it to dial wheel #2 at Right 26 or whatever you find the new gate center is. This way you can dial the combo Left - Right - Left.

Whatever you do, once the correct combo has been entered, when you go back at your contact points, you'll notice a click when the nose completely enters the cam.
Then if you turn Right and proceed until more or less 95, the dial will stop and the safe will be open.
Hope this makes sense.

Good luck :)
<<

cajunshooter

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm

femurat wrote:
Whatever you do, once the correct combo has been entered, when you go back at your contact points, you'll notice a click when the nose completely enters the cam.
Then if you turn Right and proceed until more or less 95, the dial will stop and the safe will be open.
Hope this makes sense.

Good luck :)

I'm confused, after the combo is entered, shouldn't I turn back left to hit the right side of the cam opening??? Maybe I am missing something.
“Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
Arthur Schopenhauer
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm

With a S&G 6730 for example, You turn right till zero to open the lock. That's why the combo is usually dialed left right left and then right till it stops, at around 95.

Cheers :)

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks