FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How to fix ASL 5R02 lock?

<<

entropy

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:28 pm

How to fix ASL 5R02 lock?

My buddy sawed through the bolt on this lock and removed it from a safe. American Security Products 5R02. I believe the deal was that the lock was functional but the combination was lost. He would like to get this working again, since there is still a usable amount of bolt that was not cut. Problem is that the bolt won't retract anymore. We are aware of the relocker bar that must be pushed down by the lock housing--it seems that there is something extra preventing the bolt from moving. He thinks that maybe the heat from sawing triggered some other sort of relocker. Any way to fix this?

ASP5R02a.jpg
ASP5R02b.jpg
ASP5R02c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Re: How to fix ASL 5R02 lock?

You still have the problem of a lost combo. Instead of sawing the bolt you're buddy should have gone to a locksmith. Most locksmiths can call Amsec and get a code to get the lock set back to factory code.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 pm

mdc5150 wrote:You still have the problem of a lost combo. Instead of sawing the bolt you're buddy should have gone to a locksmith. Most locksmiths can call Amsec and get a code to get the lock set back to factory code.

So true, of course the smith must be registered with Amsec. I have opened several electronic safes in the manner described & it's very cool
to enter a bunch of # ers into a safe lock and have it reset back to it's original factory-set combo. Kinda makes me wanna leave the dial lock
on my safe
<<

entropy

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Well, I guess I'm a little hazy on the circumstances now that you mention it. He is a professional safe opener and so is licensed for this and that, so I don't know why he couldn't look up the code. Perhaps he didn't have access to the serial number? Also I don't know how he intends to reuse the lock with a missing code. Perhaps he could only get the code after looking at the back? I can ask next time I see him.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 pm

The serial# for your lock is located on the dial ring housing underneath, where the keypad mounts. Number is prefaced with "EL" and then 6+ digits.
Amsec 800-421-6142 ask for technical support. If they believe you they will talk you through the process. You should have the lock mounted & ready to program -New batteries can mean everything when doing this

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks