FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gary Titan II safe lid

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Gary Titan II safe lid

I had the pleasure of working on an antique safe lid.

Looked exactly like this:

Here's another look from the inside that I found on the web:

It's a hand change type so I had difficulty giving the customer the numbers he wanted.

Does anyone have and idea on where I can find the formula for setting the numbers on this type of safe lock?
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Gary Titan II safe lid

If it is hand change shouldn't there be a notch on the inner ring of each wheel that points to a selected number?
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:15 pm

The wheels had holes going around with no markings. There was a part that you lift up and you can set it to another hole.

The drive cam was the only part that had a set screw that you could move into another hole but I didn't mess with that.

I basically had to just changed the part from the three wheels and figured the combination with seeing what the numbers where from all three wheels.

I turned the wheels to the left until the fence lined up with the gate, turned the wheel to the right to do the same, and then left again. Once the fence dropped, I turned the wheel to the right to open.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Ohhhh ok, that is a hole/pin change combination lock, let me see if I can dig up something for you.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:54 am

I never had any luck in choosing a particular combo with these safes either. If you really care then make the tolerance greater by filing the gate (cutout in each wheel) larger.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:11 am

Here is what the wheel pack looks like. You can see the holes in the wheels and drive cam that the fly screws into.

And the drive cam and boltwork.

Picked up this safe door for my son so he could have a real one to play with, but my wife nixed that, worried he would drop it on the floor somewhere in the house and crack the tiles. Anyway, he finds Minecraft more interesting than safecracking. (That ought to change soon.) So, for now, this is a part of my collection.

Here are pictures of the top and side of the door so others can see it in a little more detail.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:49 pm

The easiest combo change I find is to remove the spline key & the last wheel. Unscrew the little screw and move it to a different hole-
re-assemble and now dial each wheel, noting where they line up under the fence--this is your new combo. I like to dial it several to many times before I lock the safe again, to be absolutely 100% sure that it works

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks