FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Fireproof safes

<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Fireproof safes

Thing is you cannot change the light-duty hinges, nor the light duty bolts. In my area most safes are dragged off to be later found in the desert, with the back cut out.
You can maybe find some 50 pound weight-lifting plates at a garage sale, for cheap. That will add some instant weight to your safe!
<<

scudo

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm

I accept your opinion that the bolts are light duty as I have no experience of safes however there are 7 bolts in total that I know of which for just a reasonable attack would hopefully prevent the door coming off.

As a comparison virtually nobody owns a safe in this area and very few even bother to lock doors during daytime, out of around 60 houses in this street only 3 have alarms systems and I know 2 are never used.

Out of interest I searched this on google although a couple of years old now and of couse one musn`t get complacent but the stats are good for home crime.

stats.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

scudo

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:11 pm

I finally got the safe today, actually got two of them so the one I wont use I have posted the bitting on the key. I reckon each safe weighs just over 100 kilos.
I also got a yale lock and a set of digital weighing scales. It was scary unbolting the safes while working next to an open door safe with over £1 million in it, on top of the 2 I was taking there was loads more cash just piled up...made me nervous.
Anyhow here are the pics..

safe.JPG

safe mech.JPG

I assume the mechanism that has the wire attached to it is to auto lock the safe should an attempt be made to extract the lock?

This is the `other` key, as we only got one key for each safe and would like a spare, would it be fair to say it wouldnt be cheap, my son reckons he can get one made for £15 I say not and will cost a lot more and probably have to get it made from the manufacturer. Any thoughts.

key 2.JPG

This is the small Yale lock I got (no key)

yale.JPG

And this the electronic scales..

scales.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 am

Lockmasters or those other guys MBA was it? Likely sells the key section you desire, I'm afraid I don't know much about getting a duplicate
I checked at marc bates but they want you to buy a catalog. You might look them up & call 1-859-887-0496 at www.mbausa.com
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:46 am

That's a real nice mech on that safe man. They can be picked but they are not easy, Owe Bengtsson has done a lot of good work with these Rosengrens locks. There are dedicated tools.

Is that a re-locker I see too?
<<

scudo

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am

Is that a re-locker I see too?

Yes, although I understand how it works I am not sure how it would be triggered, The wire cable holds the spring loaded relocker in place so obviously if the wire is cut or comes lose it will trigger but cant quite see how that would happen with some sort of forced attack.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:07 pm

The relocker is situated so if someone tries to bash the lock off it will set off the relocker
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Re-lockers come in all sorts of flavours but most common are the 'drill traps'. I like the glass ones. Again, Owe Bengtsson does a lot of re-locked safe openings.
<<

scudo

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Owe Bengtsson....I watched one of his video clips and he was explaining how the lock, the same (or similar) as in my safe, works although he stated at that time there were no avalailble picking tools for it but that was maybe a few years back.
It was interesting to see how the lock works through an indirect drive.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks