FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

the great steamfuck

<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: the great steamfuck

Riyame wrote:Alright guys, keep it calm.
Totally calm here :)

Just because a lot of use like to have the booklets and other things that can make a game great does not make us hipsters.
That was half a joke but based on "have probably never seen the one," not just wanting the book. You know? Hipsters...wouldn't have heard of it...no? Never mind then.

Not everybody with a poor internet connection is in a 3rd world country. In the evenings my connection can slip BELOW dialup speeds because the ISP will not spend the money to upgrade lines because they are the only ISP here so people dont have a choice.
Hyperbole man, it's the greatest thing EVER!
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Aedalas wrote:It was always about the money, nobody makes games for free. Have you seen the bundles? Games are cheaper than ever now, I'm not sure I've ever seen a day were something wasn't on sale on Steam. How many discs have you ever got with a pay what you want deal? Darksiders, SR3, Warhammer, Metro 2033, Red Faction, and a few more for 6 bucks.... Yeah.

Also, you can't ctrl+f a manual, meh. I guess if you liked those 8 bit games then Steam wouldn't offer much, but I'd rather my money go to a game than a book about the game. Also, Baldur's Gate was released in 1998, you really expect the prices to be the same?

Nobody makes games for free? Really? Interesing... guess all the free OSS games will have to be uninstalled off my machine then... damn...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm

elbowmacaroni wrote:Nobody makes games for free? Really? Interesing... guess all the free OSS games will have to be uninstalled off my machine then... damn...
There may be an exception or two, but it's pretty unlikely. Even if it's just for advertising they're getting something out of it. I guess if you wanted to be pedantic then any game that lost money could be considered free too. The intent to make money was still there though. Perhaps I should have said nobody makes good, high quality games for free. Open source games (assuming you weren't talking about the Office of Strategic Services here) is a pretty broad category too, a lot of older games have gone open source but were originally created and sold for profit. The fact that those are free now doesn't negate the fact that they were created to make money.

Also:

xeo wrote:Yes, it is always about the money
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

I agree that steam is a step forward in the gaming industry. PC games are dying in my opinion but hopefully never dead.

That being said, Steam is a piece of garbage if you want to work offline, in fact working off line is a nightmare.
I am surely a minority but I am one of those people who wipe their computer entirely every few months to keep it running tip top. I will not abide reinstalling 20 games every few months by downloading the core files ( several gb each) then updates (used to to be mbs now the updates are gbs as well (bigger than the core files...???)) and burning through my bandwidth limit for nothing.

psykro I feel your pain and have been through it too. I've disabled hardware and downloaded bypass software to get around steam steamrolling (see what I did there?) my connection.
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 pm

i knew SOMEONE out there would understand!
Previous

Return to Gamers Only