FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Canada Customs and Lock Picks, problems?

<<

nine4t4

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Canada Customs and Lock Picks, problems?

I have never had problems with CBSA (Canadian Border Services) in the past, in fact they've cleared stuff quickly that should have raised eyebrows (non picking items). Cheap lock pick items from China have also only taken a day to clear. This is going on a week!!

Long story short, I ordered some Peterson Picks, and they are stuck with customs. I'm in Ontario so it's not even a matter of licensing. Has anybody here experienced CBSA dicking them around? Legally, it's a non issue, but it doesn't mean someone isn't overstepping their authority. Just curious.
JOB: (n.) a series of tasks that aren't enjoyable, but are done in return for money. see Prostitution
A LIVING: (n.) A means of enjoying ones existence that also provides financial compensation. see Freedom
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Re: Canada Customs and Lock Picks, problems?

Sometimes random packages get stuck for a while with no reason. I had a member send me 2 boxes at the same time and one of them arrived a week later, it was never inspected.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:52 pm

nine4t4 wrote:I have never had problems with CBSA (Canadian Border Services) in the past, in fact they've cleared stuff quickly that should have raised eyebrows (non picking items). Cheap lock pick items from China have also only taken a day to clear. This is going on a week!!

Long story short, I ordered some Peterson Picks, and they are stuck with customs. I'm in Ontario so it's not even a matter of licensing. Has anybody here experienced CBSA dicking them around? Legally, it's a non issue, but it doesn't mean someone isn't overstepping their authority. Just curious.

Ive never had any issues. I wouldn't worry, it's tracked. If you don't end up getting it, peterson will open a claim and send you another.
Most companies won't let your package get eaten by the system.

That being said, it suck waiting for things. Remember, they screen stuff and slow down shipment of things, but they also find a ton of guns drugs illegal money and various other illegal stuff. So it's kind of worth it. I'm sure your order will be on its way soon. That is unless Ken stuffed it full of drugs or guns.
<<

nine4t4

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:26 am

Hoping that's the case. Although in the past Customs has been quick, it was the Post that was messed up (see below). I guess I've just been spoiled and waiting an extra week feels like something funny is going on.

Regarding the post, I had a package once go from The sender (Tennessee) To Miami, To New York, To Miami, To New York, To Mississauga (The airport/customs in Toronto), to North York (a suburb in Toronto). Back to Mississauga, again to North York (still wrong!!!!), Back to Mississauga. At this point I stupidly said "How much more can they screw this up....From Mississauga (less than an hour's drive from me) to....wait for it......WINNIPEG!!!! They screwed up by over 1500 km!!!! It was actually closer before he mailed it!!!!

It was mailed 1200 km from me and traveled, around 11000 km. That's about as far as Tokyo or Kabul!!!! Postage is actually really cheap if you calculate by mileage
JOB: (n.) a series of tasks that aren't enjoyable, but are done in return for money. see Prostitution
A LIVING: (n.) A means of enjoying ones existence that also provides financial compensation. see Freedom

Return to HELP!!!!!