FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sargent and Greenleaf Environmental Padlock

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Sargent and Greenleaf Environmental Padlock

Thank you, Riyame. :hbg:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 am

huxleypig wrote:I suppose this is the right place to ask about this - I was recently discussing the prospect of making a hobbs-like/Tibbe type pick for this lock and being able to lock the pick in place and to use it like a key.

I realise that the lock is very easy to pick and only has 20-odd possible keys for it but would a tool such as this be of interest to anyone?

Definitely! I'm not saying I'll buy it, but I'd like to see what you come up with.

Cheers :)
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:53 am

Hux,

You could make it with springs and balls using indents to have a definite index at each of the three positions the discs can be set to, making it faster to reach the proper alignment. Or even a make-up key so you assemble it per the code on the lock, and then use the key normally.

You likely already thought of those ideas, but there they are.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:42 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Hux,

You could make it with springs and balls using indents to have a definite index at each of the three positions the discs can be set to, making it faster to reach the proper alignment. Or even a make-up key so you assemble it per the code on the lock, and then use the key normally.

You likely already thought of those ideas, but there they are.

Gordon

Like a 'clicker' but for rotational positions? Cool idea. Its 0, 45 or 90 degrees isn't it with these?

The pick I have in mind will have 3 rotatable heads. The rotation of them is (like the Abloy classic) off centre but as there's only 3 discs I think it is workable. To rotate independently requires 3 pick arms and because it is off centre the pick arms can't be inside each other (like the tibbe pick). So that means 2 arms actually have to go through (or round) the 1st disc and 1 arm through (or round) the 2nd disc meaning some tricky cutting and machining. But a cool challenge.

I would need a S&G Environmental lock first though, which might be a problem!
Previous

Return to Disc Detainer Locks