FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Disc Detainer Lock Unknown

<<

sirpixalock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Disc Detainer Lock Unknown

Hi, I received a call from a customer who was missing a key to this vending machine lock and wanted to know if I could cut him one. He said he needed both keys to open the lock and gain access to the cash box but was unsure if the missing key had the same cuts on it as the one he has or diferent. I'm just not sure where I would get the blank. The number stamped on the key and lock is A1232 but I could not find anything with that. So if anyone knows anything about this lock and can help me out that would be much appretiated. Thank you

<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Disc Detainer Lock Unknown

That is a knockoff brand of some kind. You could probably just make one out of brass and file the cuts by hand.

Either that or phone the manufacturer of the device and they could send keys with the code stamped on the face.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

sirpixalock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Riyame wrote:That is a knockoff brand of some kind. You could probably just make one out of brass and file the cuts by hand.

Either that or phone the manufacturer of the device and they could send keys with the code stamped on the face.

The customer told me he already called the manufacturer but they only offered to send him a new lock and new keys which he said should be coming in the mail within a couple weeks but even then he would still need to have the other cylinder drilled or picked to install the new lock. He just wanted to see what his options were right now so he could get the machine up and running asap in the establishment he found to set it up in.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Unless it's key retaining or KD why does he need a key cut? Like Riy said just cut some out of brass stock. Or you could pick and remove the one lock for now leaving the one with the key in place or slap a temp replacement or both in.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

sirpixalock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Doogs wrote:Unless it's key retaining or KD why does he need a key cut? Like Riy said just cut some out of brass stock. Or you could pick and remove the one lock for now leaving the one with the key in place or slap a temp replacement or both in.

I guess he doesn't really need a key cut but that's what he wants...probably just end up picking/drilling the thing
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm

looking at the cuts that shouldnt be too hard to pick..if you dont have a dd pick just make a wrench and turn discs with a hook. good luck!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm

sirpixalock wrote:
I guess he doesn't really need a key cut but that's what he wants...probably just end up picking/drilling the thing

Well keep the customer happy and bill suitably. It's all good.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:06 am

I shape an Abloy Profile blank to right size rod, then copy the cuts with a slotter.
That way the key has a nice head too.

Return to Disc Detainer Locks