FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale push key padlock

<<

Devdev98

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Yale push key padlock

Hey guys so I recently picked up a Yale push key padlock on the bay for cheap since it has no keys. I tried picking it and found all the pins felt stuck so into a overnight soak of super pen. As I brought it out this morning I could feel movement in pins 1 and 3. Took a light leather mallet to it and managed to get movement out of the core and shackle as well. Still no movement in pins 2 and 4. So I lightly tapped again while pulling on the shackle and just so happened to get a open.

Any ways all this to say I know I need to unscrew the cap opposite of the core to be able to pull the core. But I’m unsure what to use to get a good grip while also not damaging the lock or it’s great patina. Sorry about no pictures I forgot to grab some and left it at the shop soaking in the super pen with the shackle open now.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Yale push key padlock

Devdev98 wrote:Hey guys so I recently picked up a Yale push key padlock on the bay for cheap since it has no keys. I tried picking it and found all the pins felt stuck so into a overnight soak of super pen. As I brought it out this morning I could feel movement in pins 1 and 3. Took a light leather mallet to it and managed to get movement out of the core and shackle as well. Still no movement in pins 2 and 4. So I lightly tapped again while pulling on the shackle and just so happened to get a open.

Any ways all this to say I know I need to unscrew the cap opposite of the core to be able to pull the core. But I’m unsure what to use to get a good grip while also not damaging the lock or it’s great patina. Sorry about no pictures I forgot to grab some and left it at the shop soaking in the super pen with the shackle open now.

You make a square drive tool (a 1/4" drive socket extension is close, but exactly the right size). It goes inside that brass part.

How it comes apart... read this post.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock