FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Handcuffs? Is a key possible?

<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed May 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Handcuffs? Is a key possible?

i would like to know how to pick the chubb ava ive got oner here somewhere
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

jzz20

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 am

mister sour wrote:
jzz20 wrote:The keys will most likely be impossible to impression, so I've been told. Keys are difficult to replicate by hand as well.

i've copied several keys by hand. its not that hard. so long as i have a vice/clamp, lighter, sewing needle, file and the keyblank.

Keys are easy to copy by hand, have you copied a Chubb AVA key though? They have to be a very accurate copy to actually open the lock.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:16 am

LocksmithArmy wrote:tell him to send them to me, i can impression a key... after i figure out how... it shouldnt be hard once you apply tension... you must apply tension first then the wafers will bind on the key...

ooo id need blanks too lol

Yeah we don't have any of those blanks here. I don't know to what lengths this guy would go to get a key for it either. He was thrilled just to find out as much as you guys here have told me about them.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 am

If you can get the key blank I'd try to impression using a ward file (flat file) and I would melt wax onto the key blank to see were to file. Did the wax method when I was impressioning a bit key for a old style mortise lock I had.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 am

jzz20 wrote:
mister sour wrote:
jzz20 wrote:The keys will most likely be impossible to impression, so I've been told. Keys are difficult to replicate by hand as well.

i've copied several keys by hand. its not that hard. so long as i have a vice/clamp, lighter, sewing needle, file and the keyblank.

Keys are easy to copy by hand, have you copied a Chubb AVA key though? They have to be a very accurate copy to actually open the lock.

Touche. I've never seen one before actually. You know, its cool that some guy brought these is and now they'e on keypicking.com. I've learned a lot from this thread alone that i had never know before.
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock