FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Forum Tutorial Contest

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

New Forum Tutorial Contest

As discussed in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5797&p=47050#p47050
I'm starting a new Keypicking forum contest. We have some fantastic tutorials on the forum, but I want to keep the ideas flowing and get some new tutorials posted, so the winner of this contest will be the best new tutorial posted to the Keypicking forum during the month of November 2011.

To encourage participation and get as many new tutorials as possible posted on the forum, the prize for the winner is going to depend on how many entries there are. The more entries, the bigger the prize. At a minimum, there will be a lock or an entry tool with an approximate retail value of $20 for the winner, even if there is only one submission in the contest. If we get at least three entries, the prize value will go up to around $50. If there are at least six entries, I'll put up a prize with a retail value of around $100: a new-in-box (old stock) Sargent Keso rim cylinder. I may offer additional prizes, either for first place or for runners-up, but I'm packing to move this month and it just depends on what I run across as I pack and how many submissions we get. HC said he'll also be offering a prize, but I'll let him reply in this thread to specify what he has in mind.

-The contest will run from Nov 1, 2011 to Nov 30, 2011. The winner will be determined by a vote among the forum mods and admin during the first week of December. The decision will be final. No appeals, no whining.

-If you need ideas, there are some requests for new tutorial topics listed in the thread link above, but your new tutorial does not have to come from one of those suggestions if you have a different topic in mind. Try to avoid covering topics that already have good tutorials posted on Keypicking unless you feel you really have something new to offer on the subject. The advanced search feature on the forum can help you determine this before you begin: search.php

-Clear photos are a good thing and will help your chances of winning. However if you do photos they need to be uploaded to the thread itself in order to be considered for this contest, not linked from an external website or photo hosting account. That way we can avoid losing content in the future due to broken links. If you're doing a topic that just can't be effectively demonstrated with pictures, video submissions will be accepted, but are not preferred since they have to be linked from an external site and could be subject to broken links eventually. The whole point of this contest is to keep improving the content here on this forum.

-Your tutorial should be posted as a new thread in the approrpriate sub-forum on this site. Then post a reply in this thread with just the link to your new post for it to be considered in this contest. Do not post your full tutorial in this thread.

-I will cover USPS Priority Mail shipping within the US to send the prize to the winner. I don't want to exclude anyone outside the USA, but since international shipping can be a bit unpredictable, if the winner is outside the US they'll need to pay the difference in shipping cost to get it to them. Also, I'm not responsible for problems with Customs.

If you have any questions regarding the criteria for this contest, please post it here and I'll reply as quickly as possible so you can get started on your submission.

Good luck!
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 am

Re: New Forum Tutorial Contest

i've been waiting for this.... sweet!
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 am

a sargent keso? heck, I'll write a safe manipulation tutorial in the next days :razz:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am

Not sure if these count, but here you go:

ASSA Twin picking tutorial: http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=5066

Medeco picking tutorial: http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4077
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:36 am

femurat wrote:a sargent keso? heck, I'll write a safe manipulation tutorial in the next days :razz:

Keypicking will also compliment the winner with a bonus bag of tortilla chips! :D
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm

xeo wrote:Not sure if these count, but here you go:
ASSA Twin picking tutorial
Medeco picking tutorial

While I appreciate the effort you put into creating and posting those quality tutorials, this contest is an incentive for everyone to make and post new ones, so only new tutorials posted after the start of the contest are eligible. But I will bear them in mind if you and I ever do any trading. Just be sure to remind me at the time because I'm liable to forget.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 am

Is there anybody else participating? Am I the only one "working in the dark"?
Well, I'm not really working in the dark, I'm just trying to write something that makes sense before posting a draft and then edit it 100 times...

Cheers :)
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am

i am
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:42 am

Here you can find my contribution. Hope to finish to write it tomorrow morning...

Hurry up mister sour :twisted:

Cheers :)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Well, November came and went far too quickly. I've been so tied up with personal matters that I don't think I've been able to log on here more than three or four times all month. Unfortunately December doesn't look like it's going to be much better for me. I've missed this place and the people here. Hopefully things will settle down for me a bit by January or February.

Unless I'm mistaken, Femurat was the only submission to this contest, with an honorable mention to Xeo for his tutorials that were submitted outside of the contest dates. Thank you both for your efforts in contributing to the quality of the content on this forum.

Femurat, please send me a PM with your address since it appears you win by default. I'll calculate shipping cost to your location.

Xeo, while you didn't technically qualify for the contest, since you made some nice tutorials and made the effort to at least point them out in this thread, send me a PM with your address also. I'm sure I can find something I can send your way.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:39 pm

WELL DONE FEMURAT!!! AND XEO!!

I just realised MBI is GREEN.. Congratulations to you to...
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Kind of a surprise to me. Thank you!! :D

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 pm

I have to say that while I never thought I'd get into safe locks, femurat's tutorial has changed my mind! Well done and well deserved! He did not win be default, he WON! Thank you so much femurat! And thank you to xeo, your tutorials do count!

:D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:35 am

xeo wrote:Kind of a surprise to me. Thank you!! :D

XEO - I'll be sending you a brand spanking new LAB pinning mat for your tutorial.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 pm

congrats guys :D & many thanks for the Tutorials

Tutorials = prizes

The next tutorial gets $50.00 voucher at uklp

Hope to see some more soon :cool:
Next

Return to Contests