FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

GWiens2001's Locks

<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:38 am

Re: GWiens2001's Locks

Marduk28 wrote:Wow nice lock!

I have never heard of Thirard locks before.

Has anyone here ever picked one?

If you'd like to see some Thirard locks, Marduk, check out the Collection link in my sig. The French Collection has some nice ones.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Mitchell s

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 14, 2015 3:42 am

Gordon

Can we respectfully request some updates? :)
<<

flywheel

Post Thu May 14, 2015 8:35 am

Mitchell s wrote:Gordon

Can we respectfully request some updates? :)

Respectfully?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu May 14, 2015 11:21 am

Many of my locks can be seen by browsing my posts. It would take weeks (at least) to go through and take pics of all of them.

I do have some that I'd like to get put on here, but can't seem to find the time to take them out and photograph them.

Will see what I can do. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 14, 2015 12:38 pm

After seeing your lock storage, I can imagine taking each lock out and taking pictures is a nice month long project lol. Why dont you add locks here as you go.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:After seeing your lock storage, I can imagine taking each lock out and taking pictures is a nice month long project lol. Why dont you add locks here as you go.

Because if someone is trying to find info on a specific lock, they will likely look for threads under the heading of that lock, rather than in some idiot's (me) lock collection thread. At least that is my thinking. Also, when I do a post on a lock, it tends to have LOTS of pictures. (I know, you are saying "You... pictures? Nah! But it is true!) That would make this thread take days to load.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Mitchell s

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Throw some highlights up at least ;)

I know I have looked at MacGnG's collection thread heaps of times, I love them.

Mitch
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri May 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Mitchell s wrote:Throw some highlights up at least ;)

I know I have looked at MacGnG's collection thread heaps of times, I love them.

Mitch

Well, guess I can post some pics of this one I just made a key for. Abloy 656 padlock, recently in use by the U.S. Marines. Got it from a friend/member who was at a base where the key was lost to this baby.

Abloy Profile.

Kind of a large lock. 1/2" thick shackle (about 12 mm). It was sent to me locked.

But now it isn't locked anymore. :twisted:

Made a key for it from a blank. Had to cut the wards in the blank, then cut the bitting.

Will do a write-up on the break-down of this lock, but will hold off for the moment because am afraid of letting Oldfast see those kind of gut-shots this late at night. No telling what he would do. ;)

So that is the absolute latest addition to my collection (now that it has a key).

Gordon
<<

keymaster1053

Post Fri May 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Wow! Very nice! how did you open it? much less fit a key for it? :P
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
<<

Mitchell s

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 16, 2015 3:45 am

I second that, very very impressive pick Gordon! I would have thought that would be a nice paperweight after they key was lost!

You sound a bit like me, I don't like having locks in my collection without working keys...

Don't stop there :D
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 16, 2015 6:59 am

keymaster1053 wrote:Wow! Very nice! how did you open it? much less fit a key for it? :P

Thank you for the compliment. Once the lock is disassembled, it is fairly easy to fit a key. Using the first and last discs (the first disc is the inner profile and the last disc is the outer profile disc) it is easy to figure out the warding. A needle file cut the wards, though a dremel would be faster.

Then it is merely a matter of adding one disc at a time to the carrier, inserting the key, and turning it. Cut the bitting at that location until the gate in the disc lines up with the cutout in the carrier for the sidebar. Add the next disc and repeat. When all the discs are added, your key is done. :)

Gordon
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat May 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Very nice! What a beast of a lock!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
keymaster1053 wrote:Wow! Very nice! how did you open it? much less fit a key for it? :P

Thank you for the compliment. Once the lock is disassembled, it is fairly easy to fit a key. Using the first and last discs (the first disc is the inner profile and the last disc is the outer profile disc) it is easy to figure out the warding. A needle file cut the wards, though a dremel would be faster.

Then it is merely a matter of adding one disc at a time to the carrier, inserting the key, and turning it. Cut the bitting at that location until the gate in the disc lines up with the cutout in the carrier for the sidebar. Add the next disc and repeat. When all the discs are added, your key is done. :)

Gordon

Very nice - thanks for sharing :)
You didn't mention how you opened it? I'm thinking you're a proud owner of one of Huxleypig's magical Abloy classic tools?

Me thinks you sure don't want to drop that baby on your toe. ;)

Kind regards,
Sean
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:

Gordon

Very nice - thanks for sharing :)
You didn't mention how you opened it? I'm thinking you're a proud owner of one of Huxleypig's magical Abloy classic tools?

Me thinks you sure don't want to drop that baby on your toe. ;)

Kind regards,
Sean
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon May 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Nope, don't have Hux's super-sexy lock picks. Though wish I did. And it would have to be a Profile, not Classic. :)

Opened it in a method I'd rather not mention in the open forum, as our military still uses this lock. Shoot me a PM.

Gordon
PreviousNext

Return to Your Lock Collections