FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Making a quick Pick

<<

JoeTime

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Making a quick Pick

I know alot of people spend a good amount of time making picks and tools as do I. I think it adds to the allure of picking a lock, that you did it with your own tools. So I got started lock picking just becuse I was bored one day and wanted to see if I could open a master lock with a bobby pin and I was successful lol. I then advanced my pick making to use nails which I still think make decent picks to this day. I through together a little video of me making a pick and opening the origional master lock that was my first pick for any noobs who think they need to spend a bunch of money and wait for an order to come before they try to start picking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9WkpKTamY4
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Making a quick Pick

Good stuff mate, keep at it. You'll quickly find the limits of those home made picks and move on to more technically sophisticated materials and designs. There's a very long tradition of making tools from found materials, have a look at Eddie the Wire's vintage stuff (use google to track down his crummy self published stuff from 40 years ago) and also have a look at Femurat's Happy 2020 thread - he's using almost exclusively home made stuff there.

Full disclosure: I'm pretty good at opening locks but utterly crap at making tools, and I wish I was better than I am. But when I've got the great Tipene literally just down the road, there really isn't much need...
<<

awesome14

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am

Steak knives are excellemt raw sock to grind picks from.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:23 pm

awesome14 wrote:Steak knives are excellemt raw sock to grind picks from.

Too thick for most keyways.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:09 am

I use feeler gauge stock, it costs money, but I think it produces great picks.

Return to Uber-Noob