FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Trouble SPP'ing a padlock.

<<

vortexnl

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Trouble SPP'ing a padlock.

I recently got a new padlock, it was hanging on some sort of fence, serving no purpose. I raked it, and when it got off, the janitors thanked my for removing that lock lol!

Raking this lock is easy, but I'm having trouble single pin picking it.
Im trying to feel what pin binds first, but about 3 pins give me ALOT of resistance, even without tension.

I do not know if it really are the pins, since there is a little bend in the keyway, making sure the pins don't drop.

Most of the times, when I press down on one of those pins, it suddenly goes down, and I hear a click.
Some pins go down smooth, with a click.

The only think I have been doing so far is raking it, and SPP'ing the last few pins. but I have not SPP'd it from scratch yet.

Does anyone know a little tip for me?

Thanks in advance!
Nick from The Nederlands.
<<

morrowind107

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Trouble SPP'ing a padlock.

tensioning the lock correctly always helps (no shit!), have you tried cleaning the lock? what kind of lock is it? have you tried to feel all the pins in the lock before you tension it? (so you know whats in the lock)
All hail the hypnotoad!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Do you think you could get us a picture of it? You say it has a little bend in the keyway? I wonder if you fell upon an old Yale?? A picture is worth a thousand words in this sport, we gotta know what ya got to help you out!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

vortexnl

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 am

The lock is an Abus 85/50 brass padlock.
I'm at school atm, but will make pictures asap when I get home.

What is the best way to clean a lock?
I did use a little spray I borrowed from my old man, the spraycan said it was for cleaning and lubricating machine parts lol. so I just sprayed it.

Although I get the feeling it was not the right stuff. what do you guys use?

Return to Uber-Noob