FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What is a plug spinner?

<<

93940joe

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 01, 2008 6:22 pm

What is a plug spinner?

What's a plug spinner?

Plug spinners are used when you pick a lock in the wrong direction and need to move the plug to the other side of the shear line without picking it again.

Simply wind up the spinner, insert the tip in the the keyway and release the lever. The plug will spin to the other side of the shear line.
http://www.lockpicks.com/index.asp?Page ... ProdID=116
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu May 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: What is a plug spinner?

Nice submission
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 01, 2008 6:29 pm

yes, nice submission indeed.
i still have yet to use a spinner. but i dont think they are needed much unless your in a hurry...
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 am

I use rubberbands. On doors that have the hinges on the left side, the lock usually opens counter-clockwise. I find that the tension tool slips when picking it this way so I pick it the other way and then flick the tension tool with a rubber band to pass over the shearline and get it turning in the other direction. Only problem is you usually need a short tension wrench, otherwise it will hit the door jamb.
<<

globalpicker

Post Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 am

I think ive seen utube videos giving you credit "chipshuhart" for that rubberband idea. At least 3 that I can remember. Its a geat Mcgyver type idea and the price is right
<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 am

Oh man I would love a plug spinner. My mother locked herself out of her room one night. And I didn't want to pull off the molding or whatever it's called. So I picked the lock. It was really hard for my amateur hands. But I got it in a couple of minutes, but, I got it backwards. I didn't have a rubberband or a spinner, or anything. So I tried to send it around as fast as I could by sort of smacking it with my hand. I dunno, it was weird, but it almost worked. I felt it go, but then I let off by mistake and it went back to position. So I screwed up and couldn't get it again.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:38 am

globalpicker wrote:I think ive seen utube videos giving you credit "chipshuhart" for that rubberband idea. At least 3 that I can remember. Its a geat Mcgyver type idea and the price is right

Wow thats weird, I have to give full credit to bruno2660 for that idea, although I have seen many other people use the rubberband idea so I'm not really sure who pioneered it. Anyway it's a great idea but I can't take the credit for it.

Return to Uber-Noob