FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

PawnShop (warning: lots of pics)

<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri May 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: PawnShop (warning: lots of pics)

PM sent
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 07, 2011 11:34 am

How much did you say where all those locks together :-D Are all pawn shops like that? It is simply amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat May 07, 2011 5:37 pm

ImSchatten360 wrote:How much did you say where all those locks together :-D Are all pawn shops like that? It is simply amazing!

$100 for 3 locks: Hi-Shear, S&G 831B, and a US Navy lock. Although that was a KILLER deal, I'm finding out that some of the locks there are really overpriced, others are fair, and others are a deal. For example, some members have inquired about the S&G Environmental. It's priced at $85. I've been told you can buy one brand new for around $100. If this is true....$85, NOT such a good deal. I never expected to see so many locks at a pawnshop though.... so I'd say it'd definitely be worthwhile to at least take a look at your local one. Also, I think I mentioned it, but this guy has another 800 locks that are'nt at the shop...... so if your looking for something imparticular, I can ask him.

ImSchatten.... want me to make an offer on your behalf to purchase the whole tree? LOL LOL
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

lol ask him if he has another hi shear lol
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat May 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Another trip to the pawnshop. Wilson Bohannan, and 2 YALE's. Any history behind the middle one?
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 am

Master No2 ......... Master 150 ......... American Series 5570 ......... Corbin ......... Corbin

Been awhile since I hit the pawnshop, so I stopped in yesterday after a haircut. I was able to pick all
these before leaving the shop... except for that damn brass Corbin! (which is still given me trouble lol).

Anyway, not a bad lot for $38. Went home, did some cleaning/degreasing, polishing, lubricating... and also
managed to make a key for the laminated Master. I forgot how fun impressioning can be. Anyhoot... I'm happy :D
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:37 pm

After seeing all these amazing locks I think next weekend I am going to drive around to all the pawn shops near me and see what they have. They better have cool locks.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 pm

NoNeedForAKey wrote:After seeing all these amazing locks I think next weekend I am going to drive around to all the pawn shops near me and see what they have. They better have cool locks.

Fair Warning, Most pawn shops are not as insightful as Oldfast's Picker Heaven. Locks to a lot of places do not spell FAST or CASH.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Oldfast! Did u buy that bicentric military padlock!? I just noticed it and my heart sank!
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:00 pm

mister sour wrote:
NoNeedForAKey wrote:After seeing all these amazing locks I think next weekend I am going to drive around to all the pawn shops near me and see what they have. They better have cool locks.

Fair Warning, Most pawn shops are not as insightful as Oldfast's Picker Heaven. Locks to a lot of places do not spell FAST or CASH.

Yeah good point. I will call first.
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:29 pm

mister sour wrote:Oldfast! Did u buy that bicentric military padlock!? I just noticed it and my heart sank!
I most certainly did! For $33.33 LoL. It's really a pretty kickass padlock.. http://www.antique-padlocks.com/shared/ ... 381_01.pdf I haven't really tried to pick it yet... but don't really anticipate it being much of a problem. Eventually, I'd love to get another core to put in it though! It would require punchin' out the top plate retaining pin to install it... then replacing it with a roll pin. One of those "I'd like to do" kinda things that I just haven't done.

Oldfast wrote:ImageImage

And Mathias, never hurts to check around... but Sour's probably right. Most pawnshops aren't going to have any substantial selection of locks. It just so happens there's a retired cop at mine that collected locks for many years. In fact, he really would rather not sell them, but needs the money for medical bills. His kidneys are only functioning at around 25%. Lately I've just been payin' him whatever he feels is fair, rather than tryin' to talk him down. And, it's always just nice to have some 'lock talk' with him. Very interesting fella to say the least.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 pm

This is simply amazing. I checked my local pawn shop after seeing this thread and came back disappointed. Just as well, if I had access to that many locks I'd lose my job and wife for sure. Great find.

/jealous
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

PM sent!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Oldfast wrote:
mister sour wrote:Oldfast! Did u buy that bicentric military padlock!? I just noticed it and my heart sank!
I most certainly did! For $33.33 LoL. It's really a pretty kickass padlock.. http://www.antique-padlocks.com/shared/ ... 381_01.pdf I haven't really tried to pick it yet... but don't really anticipate it being much of a problem. Eventually, I'd love to get another core to put in it though! It would require punchin' out the top plate retaining pin to install it... then replacing it with a roll pin. One of those "I'd like to do" kinda things that I just haven't done.

Oldfast wrote:ImageImage

And Mathias, never hurts to check around... but Sour's probably right. Most pawnshops aren't going to have any substantial selection of locks. It just so happens there's a retired cop at mine that collected locks for many years. In fact, he really would rather not sell them, but needs the money for medical bills. His kidneys are only functioning at around 25%. Lately I've just been payin' him whatever he feels is fair, rather than tryin' to talk him down. And, it's always just nice to have some 'lock talk' with him. Very interesting fella to say the least.

whoaaaa oldfast, put me on the list as wannabe buyers for that thing! i have a 826/831/hishear cylinder brand new if that would work in it? not sure. cant wait for some more pictures of that beast
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

nhoj_yelbom wrote:........ cant wait for some more pictures of that beast
Well, I suppose it's about time I dust it off and start playin' with it then. lol
And I'll put ya on the list John (literally... I keep a notepad for shit like that cause my rememberer is broke lol)
But I don't think I've EVER seen one for sale, so to be honest, I'd be pretty hard pressed to let go of this one.
PreviousNext

Return to Uber-Noob