FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kasp 12540

<<

SuperScottipher

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

Kasp 12540

I've been having a he'll of a lot of trouble getting this to open, I know it should be a relatively easy one to pick but it has been refusing to open for weeks now! However... I just did it for the first time and I'm buzzing like hell but what bothers me is I'm unsure how I did it...
I pick it in to false but after that I get no feedback on any of the pins so I'm just feeling around pushing up on them all and just now it opened for the first time. It ha a pretty small keyway and the packaging says it has mushroom pins in it but I think knowing where there are would help me but I just can't feel it! I think it's either in 2 or 4...

Any help or advice would be much appreciated so thanks in advance :)
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Kasp 12540

welcome buddy, mushroom pins in kasp padlocks are normally located in the middle pin 3 or 4, try pressing down on each pin with your pick ! you should find one that somtimes sticks to the plug - your looking for a pin that gives more resistance than any of the others, Look for the one that feels more stiff than any of the others as well .
Hope this helps - welcome to the forum :mush:
<<

whizdumb

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 pm

As with most security pins (mushrooms, spools, etc.) you are looking to get past the false set with counter rotation. This particular time you may have straight picked it meaning that you bypassed the false set by setting the security pins to shear before you set the remaining non security drivers. Try this. Once you get to false set let off tension completely and then try pushing up on the suspected security pins. What you are looking for is for the plug to rotate back toward the locked position on its own as you push up on that particular stack. If you can locate the stack in question then pick it again to false and try to ease up on the tension not let go completely. Then push up on that stack and try to allow it to counter rotate just enough to set that stack. You may drop some other picked stacks during this process.. Thats pretty normal depending on the relative binding order of the pins stacks in your particular lock. If you think you set the mushroom pin stack(s) then go back and try to set the other non-security pins that dropped.. If it all works out then the lock should pop. Good luck.. Let us know how it goes.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

SuperScottipher

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:20 am

Great, thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

I'll have another stab and let you know how I get on...

Return to Uber-Noob