FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help to Job this Old Memory

<<

birdmannn101

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 am

Help to Job this Old Memory

Been awhile since I went through locksmith school so maybe one of you can help me.

I have an old motorcycle ignition with key which supposed to fit the front fork lock which it doesn't. I have the lock picked open...

but can't remember how to get the cylinder out. Here is a top view...

and a bottom view of the fork lock

The hole in the top view with a pin in it moves up and down with the lock on the bottom as you turn the key.

Anyway, way back then, I remember something about picking the last wafer which held the cylinder in. Once I get it out I will change the wafers to match the ignition key. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 am

Re: Help to Job this Old Memory

can't help ya, I don't know that lock, but whatever you do make sure it dosent have a fail that will lock the fork while your at 60 miles an hour.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am

I'd turn the plug to the fully unlocked position then try to feel for the rearmost wafer. It might have to be pushed down or lifted to remove the core.

If that doesn't work, I'd turn it back to almost locked, but not quite, then while looking in that little hole on the side near the end, slowly turn the plug back to the fully unlocked position and see if anything changes in that hole. At some point in it's rotation, perhaps at 90 degrees of turn, there may be something to depress to remove the plug.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I see a code stamped on the lock, can you make it out? Might be just as easy to code cut a key for it and either just have two different keys, or maybe code cut one and see if it helps you figure out how to remove the core.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

That lock should be really easy to impression too.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Hmm steering lock of a old honda motorcycle 70s .....not many wafers i agree with md impression it you can still get hold of these new and old.
damn.. i used to have the bike that takes me back down memory lane had a giggle or two, thanks for the trip & post :D
<<

birdmannn101

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 am

Never did learn to how impression a key. Never saw the markings. Maybe I'll go look under those great videos put out by locksmithing 101.

Found the problem. It had probably never been used since 1964. After lubing and hoping not to break the key off I finally turned it with the same number key.

Thanks again for all you help.

Dan

Return to Uber-Noob