FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

inconsistent picking.

<<

AaronMce

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 am

Re: inconsistent picking.

I have managed to open my Zone padlock once.
I can no longer seem to get it im guessing I just got it by luck.
Anyone any idea as to why im struggling so much?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Neilau

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 pm

One thing to add to all the excellent advice.

When you are picking (particularly when watching TV etc) you tend to, unconsciously, increase the tension.

Try and be aware of the tension you are applying at all times. It takes a little time but soon becomes second nature.

AND

Aaronmce.

Every now and then you will "luck" a lock then can't do it again. Don't despair, it tells you that the lock can be picked.

Keep at it, vary your style, pick etc. you will get it again and eventually get to know the lock. Then you will be popping it in seconds, every time.

It's all part of the learning process. :D

PS. Feels good when they pop :mrgreen:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 am

AUlock and luckyfox have some really good advice.

too much tension is typical

if that drinking straw is too light of tension for your particular lock, find another straw that fits inside the first one and you have a double thick straw.

take your tension bar and pinch it between thumb and forefinger tightly, then take the edge of a small piece of paper and press the far end of the bar with the edge of that paper, with fingers holding the paper an inch back from the tension bar.

this will give you and insite into the effects of a three inch lever. then put the key in that lock and feel how much resistance the plug has to turning.

Archimedes said that with a long enough lever he could move the world. leverage, its scary stuff.
Previous

Return to Uber-Noob