FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Goso Or Klom

<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Goso Or Klom

Just Want Your Opinion's Guys On What Pick Set You Prefer "Goso Or Klom" And What Reason's You Like One Pickset Over The Other :D

Thanks Everyone :D
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Goso Or Klom

DPSVDV wrote:Just Want Your Opinion's Guys On What Pick Set You Prefer "Goso Or Klom" And What Reason's You Like One Pickset Over The Other :D

Thanks Everyone :D

i would definitely go for the KLOMs...the goso are really flexy,springy,due to the Ti (titanium )
content,and i find that this often leads to oversetting.(like the snap of a bowstring)
the kloms are much stiffer.
this is all just personal preference...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

shaothegreat

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 am

Hey, what's up with those titanium picks anyway?

http://www.datanglocksmith.com/pick/pick2.htm
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 am

I have both. I like the Klom better. They feel better in my hands. Also it seems like they have better feedback. Overall it seems like I can feel better with them. I'm not expert by any means. Just sayin.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Riff wrote:I have both. I like the Klom better. They feel better in my hands. Also it seems like they have better feedback. Overall it seems like I can feel better with them. I'm not expert by any means. Just sayin.

Ditto here. The GOSO's seem to feel slightly "dead" to me. The KLOMs are really nice and you get excellent feedback - but they are delicate. Nice rubber handles, but if you whack the pick pretty hard or give 'em a yank -you will snap them, leaving you standing there flatfooted w/ a dumb look on your face.

Moneywise, they come in at about the same price, but the GOSO's will not break as easily.

So, if you are heavy handed or chea...er I mean frugal go with the GOSO's for more bang for your buck - just learn to feel with them.

If you are a high-roller and filthy rich - willing to drop money like a drunk sailor and want to live for today - be a man, get the KLOMs.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

i believe klom has a distinct edge over goso. I own a goso pickset and i like some of the smaller hooks. However I,ve tried klom,s and the quality was a head and nose in front of goso. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:53 am

hmm....i only got goso...and that's the best and only pick set i ever have

btw when u say KLOM...every one's talking bout the KLOM navigator set right?
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:36 am

quaiboi wrote:hmm....i only got goso...and that's the best and only pick set i ever have

btw when u say KLOM...every one's talking bout the KLOM navigator set right?

The set is irrelevant - we're talking about the brand of picks and their "feel", durability, handles, etc.
<<

THEsourman

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:11 pm

KLOM FTW
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I own both, along with other brands. They all have their application, and they're all useful. Like the importance of learning to use different kinds of saws to benefit from each one to its maximum potential, it is also important to learn the application and limitations of different kinds (and brands) of lock picks. In four decades of lock picking, I have broken maybe five picks. Four due to fatigue (I wear 'em out), and one on purpose, to make a tool to accomplish a particular task that more than paid the replacement cost. I also made the mistake of lending a set of rocker picks to my boss, who broke one because he was too clumsy to use it correctly.
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Uber-Noob