FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locks in Turkey

<<

scudo

Post Wed May 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Locks in Turkey

Been in Turkey for 2 days now and taken a few pictures of what I have done so far:

Pics 1 & 2 is a padlock & key apparently high security which I purchased but have no idea how to pick it as the keyhole is round and no obvious way to use a tension wrench, it looks like there are wafers in there. The key has side angled bitting.

Pics 3 & 4 are a euro style lock,5 pin with the bitting on the side and what appears to be a ball bearing halfway down the keyway, the (presumably) pins are side mounted.

Pics 4&5 are two padlocks that were lying around outside that I bought years ago and lost the keys, I have managed to pop the brass one so far but the black one was full of crud, managed to get the pins loose although not smooth and the barrel although slight movement could be clogged up....will keep trying.
Hope this works as poor internet connection.

The last pick a basic bike lock which I have now picked.

lemen Lock (Medium).jpg

lemen key (Medium).jpg

euro lock (Medium).jpg

euro key (Medium).jpg

wild padlock 1 (Medium).jpg

wild2 key (Medium).jpg

wild 2 (Medium).jpg

bike lock (Medium).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed May 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: Locks in Turkey

The first padlock looks to be a Disc Detainer type lock.
Hear there pretty easy to pick, I don't have one so I don't really know.

there is a posting about them here somewhere....maybe Types of Locks.

Some special tools are used by most pickers, but bent wires have also been used.

Good Picking :smile:
<<

flywheel

Post Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm

My $5 lock from China looks very similar to your high security one. If you watch BosnianBill's YT channel you can watch him defeat these cheap locks with a screwdriver (just pry out the bottom).
One of these days I am going to grind down a nail head to fit the opening and try to pick it. Apparently, each disc has a single groove (the cheap ones anyway) somewhere on the outside edge. You turn the disc until you feel the sidebar sit in the groove. You do that for all the discs. Either the first or last disc will turn the whole mechanism once everything is positioned properly.
If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Take care!

2014-05-14 15.41.04.jpg
2014-05-14 15.41.57.jpg
2014-05-14 15.42.21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Neilau

Post Wed May 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Woops - beaten to the post.

Here's my post anyway. To answer flywheels question the last disk - closest to the key hole is the one to tension.

The first lock is a Disc Detainer and is aptly named - they are indeed LEMONS!.

You find the same lock with all different names down here - cost about $2.

The DD mechanism is made of plastic and can be forces open and closed - usually without breaking them.

The shackle will be marked Hardened but can be cut through with a standard hacksaw blade - without even putting the blade in the saw frame. Just hold it in your hand.

You can get a tool for opening them in the net for about $25 or if you don't mind trashing the lock, just pop the ring around the key hole with a small screw driver and the "guts" will drop out.

They are all show. Look tough but have a heart of jelly.

There some good vids on the YouTube showing them being opened.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Look for Solomon's disc detainer picking video here on the site. He uses a different name on YouTube.

Thanks to watching his video, I keep a wide tension wrench so I can 'zero' the discs, and a bent piece of stiff wire to pick the cheap disc detainers. Without forcing anything, these are quick and fun to pick. Don't waste your time with a specialty pick.

Also be aware that some of the disc detainer padlocks will be tensioned by the first disc closest to the keyway, and some are tip tensioned (tensioned by the disc at the tip of the key). Specialty picks will pick one or the other. But the wire will pick them both, and for under a buck. :mrgreen:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Here is the video I mentioned above defeating cheap locks with a screwdriver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8yiZcz7CU

How does the Abloy disc detainer lock differ?
<<

scudo

Post Sat May 17, 2014 9:06 am

I may need to try ang get a workaround from a neighbour as utube I think is banned in Turkey at the moment.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 17, 2014 10:53 am

flywheel wrote:Here is the video I mentioned above defeating cheap locks with a screwdriver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8yiZcz7CU

How does the Abloy disc detainer lock differ?

The retaining ring on the ABLOY padlocks I am familiar with are threaded in, then held in place with a set screw that can be accessed through a hole in the side of the lock only when the shackle is open.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

scudo

Post Sat May 31, 2014 4:10 pm

I had to wait until I arrived back to the UK but have now viewed the video so will give it a go and pick it.

I came across this other lock or my wife did as she thought it was unusual , Now there is junk locks and junk locks that are a con, being Turkey this is a junk lock that cons you :-) It appears to have 3 rows of pins according to the key....nope it only has 1 row of pins and was picked very quickly. I expected more for my £1.50 :-)

tri.jpg
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Now that is funny! Check and see if the side cuts are the same on the other 'bluff' sides. If so, wonder if all the other keys to other locks by this company have the same 'bitting' on the 'bluff' sides.

Any particular brand on this high-security lock, scudo?

Gordon
<<

scudo

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:32 am

The side cuts are different on the bluff sides of the key. Below is a couple of pics showing the brand (made in China)

lock f.jpg

This is a google translation of the back which appears to say ...high security keys/cant be hack sawed pried open or drilled....yeah I bet:-)

01. Special multi-layer system with lock skeleton key to open the lock, it is impossible to end.
02. Gov dokulmus from extra strong steel lock with a saw cut through the block is not possible
03. Been manufactured from hardened steel lock ring to be beguiled by the vices or broken it is impossible to
04. Fortified with the drill drilling the lock body is not possible

lock back.jpg

Return to Uber-Noob