FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

key for Yale Bicentric help needed

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: key for Yale Bicentric help needed

10ringo10 wrote:Go for the bypass steve the barrels are not fixed to the lever at the back the tail piece simply lifts it up or down

A shim will also work - once inserted... just twist or rotate it to move the locking lever sideways and pull open :soldier:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks Ringo.
I downloaded a copy of the US Patent and have the drawing. I can't seem to get anything very strong through the keyway. I am working on shims now. Again, hard to get a strong enough one down beside the shackle. I seem to move the plate some as it snaps back when I move the shim to far around. Not sure if the shape of the plate ends are giving my shim problems or what. I will continue to work on this method.
I got a call from the local LS shop today and they said they can't open it. I picked up the lock and now I'm trying to get a friend out of town to try to pick it. If he agrees, I'll mail it off and hope for the best.
Thanks for all your help....
Steve
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:50 pm

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

At last!!!! I found a strong shim that I could force around the shackle and I got one lock open. I'm so happy...now I can start getting blanks and making keys.

Thanks to all of you for you help, suggestions and encouragement. One thing this hobby teaches me is patience. Of course I also believe in the"Blind Hog Theory";
Even a blind hog will find an acorn once in a while.

Thanks again....I'll post some photos of the keys when they are finished.
Happy Steve
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:51 pm

:smile: Great news steve can not wait to see the update ..its amazing what you can learn from a old patent- flaws and all - congrats buddy
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 am

News from the new guy
I hit the jackpot. All three of my Yale Bicentric padlocks are dual custody. It takes both keys to operate the lock. The master (UM2004) only moves about 20 degrees and allows the operating key to open the lock. Both key ways are key retaining. I used a 997ER blank for the master and a L1003M (CO 105) for the operating key. I had to remove about .017 from the height of the operating key to get a good fit. I filed the base of the key, not the pin side.
Both plugs contain odd pins, not Yale standard and a few have been filed down to fit. This leaves a sharp right angle on that pin and the key has to be very close to operate the plug.
When I thought I had found a hard false set on the master plug, it was really picked. I should have left it there and then started to work on the oper plug. If the master plug is not turned first, the oper plug will not move enough to feel any pin at the shear line.
There were only 2 security pins in the lock. A lower pin that had been filed down still showed a single ring around the top. That was not a problem. The other plug had such a pin too but it was not a problem either.
The master key does operate a 3 locks in plug marked UM2004. I will have to shim and open the other two locks so I can make operating keys for them. That will keep me busy for awhile.
Since this seems to be a rare pad lock, I took several photos of the insides so anyone can see how it works. I have posted them on photobucket and this is the link....
http://s24.photobucket.com/user/escapen ... 2.jpg.html
I look forward to comments and will be happy to answer any questions that I can.....
Steve
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 am

Wow. Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
Previous

Return to Uber-Noob