FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Temporary Picking Set

<<

lmmjgt

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 am

Temporary Picking Set

So I decided to leave the very brutish bumping behind and start with the real picking, so I bought a Sparrows Night School Kit from the Canadian wbesite. Sadly, they don't stock 'til December so I wanted to make my own temporary pick set.

Something to start practicing SPP until the real deal comes. It can be an improved, somewhat lasting version of the hairping or something else with steel wires maybe. But nothing that would require heavy duty tools, such as grinders, to make them. Also, a way to make a handle would be absolutely fantastic.

If there's any Youtube video, article or even a post on this forum (although I couldn't find one) on how to make them please it'd be really grateful if you could put the link.

Thanks. :drool:
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Temporary Picking Set

You could give making some Bogotas a try. No grinder needed, just a cheap chainsaw file. I would recommend a caliper as well, but not a have to have.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18rJBRNkRmFLPDa0AlUewwUlW0xo6DgJo4-XAW8RiopI/edit?usp=sharing
<<

lmmjgt

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks. That's all I need.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm

@ jimmy longsI checked out the pictures, a very good tutorial,
of course, I do all the cuts on ones side and then undercut, but thats just my sequence, yours is excellent too.

See you guys, how easy it is if you're organized with a bench pin and such,
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks rai! That means allot coming from you. I finally was able to see one of your actual Bogotas this last weekend at a security conference where Deviant Ollam was running the lockpicking village. So now I need to update that document a bit, I didn't realize the neck needed to be filed on both sides. I mean.... You look the document your wrote and it was clear, but it didn't sink in till I saw the actual Bogota pick. I'll correct the sequence too! :) Thanks!!!
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks Neiliau, that's an awesome post. I've used that in the past as well. Especially with the snappers.

Return to Uber-Noob