FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Questions about ebay

<<

Ganbat75

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:16 am

Questions about ebay

I just saw some one posted about first abus titalium lock picking. So i searched from ebay and found different sizes. Which one is better to buy 25mm, 30mm... 45mm etc. Also shipping price is always more than 30 bucks, even it says free international shipping. Here, it's $3.78, but shipping is 68 euro, Also here, eight dollars lock but shipping price is....
shipping.png

Is there a way to find locks that shipping amount is cheaper than cheap lock itself?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 am

Re: Questions about ebay

You live in Mongolia. Unfortunately, you need to prepare yourself for paying obscene shipping costs. You may be able to find deals here and there if you scout around enough.

P.S. Mongolian Chicken is delicious.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:28 am

Dude as for the size, its really up to you and your pocket. I would shot for the big one but the internals are all the same for all 3 locks. The cheap price and high shipping is often how ebay sellers make money or it could also be a real time shipping quote based on your location.

Perhaps you can find better shipping prices search ebay in your area. Meaning there is ebay for American, then for UK etc etc etc for each country pretty much.
<<

Ganbat75

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 am

Does it mean those 64TI/25, and 54TI/35 Titalium Padlock's keyway size is same?
I can create account from Mongolia, yet the local banks doesn't accept deposit, or withdrawal from paypal. Looked like you must have pay with paypal. Is it misunderstanding?, or do i need to use third site?
How do lock pickers know what kind of pins used before buy locks online? It's not like it says on description. Also photos didn't taken from bottom. Or how to know did i picked very similar lock before? In this case, second number is size. xD

[edit]Asked second question from facebook. Looks like i can buy with paypal, yet can't withdrawal money from the account.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

Cant help with the paypal/local bank situation.
Check Abus website to see what is the difference between the 64 and the 54. In Abuss, the first numbers mean the model type then followed with some letters which stand for many differences then the last numbers are the size.

As for what pins are in the lock, its impossible to know these things. You never know unless your buying brand new because someone selling could have swapped all the pins, the lock would have been rekeyed etc etc etc. You guy buy and hope and make sure there is a return policy if your not sure.
<<

Ganbat75

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:22 am

Paypal problem is solved. I can't buy locks 'cuz how ppl buy one that never tried before is still mystery to me. Also shipping is too expensive than locks, so i guess i must to be sure :)

Return to Supplies