FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HELP WITH KEY I.D.

<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:47 pm

HELP WITH KEY I.D.

Anyone know what type of keys these are ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:05 am

Re: HELP WITH KEY I.D.

LSDA has their own "restricted" keyways. You've discovered one of them. You have to have a contract with them to purchase locks and key blanks as far as I know.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

just1pick+open

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:04 am

mastersmith wrote:LSDA has their own "restricted" keyways. You've discovered one of them. You have to have a contract with them to purchase locks and key blanks as far as I know.

xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 pm

just1pick+open wrote:
mastersmith wrote:LSDA has their own "restricted" keyways. You've discovered one of them. You have to have a contract with them to purchase locks and key blanks as far as I know.

Sold by many manufacturers as a "locksmith only" keyway. LSDA, Uscan and I believe US Lock off the top of my head. No contract required you just have to be a locksmith vs. a hardware or retail store. Meant as a marketing tool and kinda forces repeat customers by them having to return to you for duplicate keys. If memory serves me it's Kwikset D/S, or pretty damn close.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm

dmasters wrote:
just1pick+open wrote:

Sold by many manufacturers as a "locksmith only" keyway. LSDA, Uscan and I believe US Lock off the top of my head. No contract required you just have to be a locksmith vs. a hardware or retail store. Meant as a marketing tool and kinda forces repeat customers by them having to return to you for duplicate keys. If memory serves me it's Kwikset D/S, or pretty damn close.

Thanks for the info. :mrgreen:
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:38 pm

I know IDN Hoffman sells them as well. If you need some I can probably pick a few up for you
<<

just1pick+open

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:49 pm

DIY Dave wrote:I know IDN Hoffman sells them as well. If you need some I can probably pick a few up for you

I do not need blanks, I have about 30 sets of pre-cuts, and was trying to see if anyone needed any.

Return to Supplies