FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock Pick Brands/Manufacturers/Producers/Sellers

<<

sandman

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Lock Pick Brands/Manufacturers/Producers/Sellers

so far i havnt come across a thread that showed all the lock pick brands/manufacturers/developers and so on... if this thread is in the wrong place or has already been done, just let me know.

This is all i could find and think of so far, please add to this list for me!

GOSO
KLOM
LOCKMASTERS
PETERSON
SERE PICK
SHALON
SOUTHERN SPECIALTIES
SPARROWS
TOOOL
RATYOKE
RAIMUNDO
LEGION 303
LOCKNEWBIE 21
STORM
HPC
SOUTHORD
LAB
FALLE
SECURE PRO
LOCK TECHNOLOGY
PRO LOCK
A1
DINO
MAJESTIC
H&S
HUK
LISHI
ES
RYTAN
ILCO
Souber
H&M
H&H
Last edited by sandman on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Lock Pick Brands/Manufacturers/Producers/Sellers

Rytan,
Ilco..
LISHI
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:22 am

That's a pretty concise list... I can only one I can think of one other that isn't on there and that's Souber. I suppose there is also H&M who make the dedicated mul t lock picks... and H&H who make the knockoff abloy decoder. Oh, and since you've put homebrewers in there, Jaakko makes a pick/decoder for the abus granit & plus.

If you wanna include picks for lever locks you could add ICL, dangerfield, chris belcher, and RB tools.

You could also have a look on zieh-fix, some other manufacturers listed there but I don't have the time to go trawling through all that stuff this morning. :drool:
<<

sandman

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:12 am

cool, i added souber, h&m,h&h, but im leaving out the lever lock tools for a seperate post, and i looked through zieh-fix, and didnt find anything new for the list. i wont be adding jaako, unless there is a demand for this addition and his picks, i only added homebrews that have produced more than 100 pics for public sale, such as ratyoke, and legion 303, and such, hence, i left out toolymcgee and several well known others. i only want makers on here, that when i type their name into google, i find a website, in one fashion or another, and am able to buy those chosen picks on the spot. ratyoke picks are hard to find, but they are there for the right price.

thanx for the additions bro, keep em comin fellas
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 am

sandman wrote:so far i havnt come across a thread that showed all the lock pick brands/manufacturers/developers and so on... if this thread is in the wrong place or has already been done, just let me know.

This is all i could find and think of so far, please add to this list for me!

GOSO
KLOM
LOCKMASTERS
PETERSON
SERE PICK
SHALON
SOUTHERN SPECIALTIES
SPARROWS
TOOOL
RATYOKE
RAIMUNDO
LEGION 303
LOCKNEWBIE 21
STORM
HPC
SOUTHORD
LAB
FALLE
SECURE PRO
LOCK TECHNOLOGY
PRO LOCK
A1
DINO
MAJESTIC
H&S
HUK
LISHI
ES
RYTAN
ILCO
Souber
H&M
H&H

Sere Pick isn't really a distinct brand of picks they just sell Raimundo' pick designs and I am not sure if Raimundo is still making his picks by hand, I think all of the Bogota's are now produced at least partially automatically by license by Sere Pick.

TOOOL only produce their credit card pick set now -- and that was a limited run. They once produced a cool starter kit -- which was distributed mainly in Europe -- but Barry doesn't want to produce it anymore.

Lockmasters doesn't really produce their own picks but just re-brands the Dino picks (and earlier the Zieh-Fix picks).

Do you mean H&M instead of H&S? H&M are a well-regarded Hong-Kong lock tool manufacturer that produce lock opening tools for the Mul-T-Lock locks and for the Chinese crescent-shaped keyway lock the "Atom Lock".

Zieh-Fix -- as LSA mentioned -- are a significant German lock tool producer. They do re-sell lots of other companies stuff but they do produce their own range of DE and NDE tools including an electric pick and a set of micro picks called "Novum".

Souber too can't be ignored. Souber are a British company that produced the first manual picking kit for Mul-T-Lock.

There is also Initial that produce the "Super Picks" and "Magic Keys" that are sold by MBA.

AFAIK Goso and Klom are not pick manufacturers but brands that belong to the same (Chinese) company: Hsiendai Co. Ltd.

There are also many, many more Chinese, Hong-Kong and South Korean producers such as the producers of the "Easy Share" (used to be called "13 Song" or something like that) auto picks (similar to Lishi), the mysteriously named "LSLY" auto opening kit from South Korea. Two such obscure Asian companies are Kai Da and Ugong (I have others but it will take me some time to recover all the brands).

Last but not least is Schuyler Towne's Open Locksport range of picks which although recently hit a major metallurgical hurdle will most certainly go to (general, i.e. after sponsors are supplied) market before the end of 2011.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 am

sandman wrote:im leaving out the lever lock tools for a seperate post

This seems arbitrary and dare I say provincial. I understand that lever locks are not very popular in the USA but they are very popular in the UK.

and i looked through zieh-fix, and didnt find anything new for the list.

Zieh-Fix produce their own electric pick and a wide array of DE and NDE/bypass tools. They also produce two sets of needle/micro picks that can be attached to their electric pick or to a handle they produce for that purpose.

i wont be adding jaako, unless there is a demand for this addition and his picks, i only added homebrews that have produced more than 100 pics for public sale, such as ratyoke, and legion 303, and such, hence, i left out toolymcgee and several well known others. i only want makers on here, that when i type their name into google, i find a website, in one fashion or another, and am able to buy those chosen picks on the spot.

Again, this seem arbitrary. Rather than have a separate list for lever lock picks I think you should have a separate list for custom/bespoke pick makers. This way the list divides non-arbitrarily into commercial and custom/bespoke. Personally, I think it is offensive to leave off craftsmen such ChonkyTonks, JR and Tooly that do sell their produce.

ratyoke picks are hard to find, but they are there for the right price.

Doesn't this apply to everything from internal organs to sex slaves? :P
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am

piotr wrote:Lockmasters doesn't really produce their own picks but just re-brands the Dino picks (and earlier the Zieh-Fix picks).

Do you mean H&M instead of H&S? H&M are a well-regarded Hong-Kong lock tool manufacturer that produce lock opening tools for the Mul-T-Lock locks and for the Chinese crescent-shaped keyway lock the "Atom Lock".

I think A1 are identical to dino and lockmasters aswell. And he did mean H&M, that was my suggestion... he musta mistyped it. Sandman, lern 2 speel.

What is the atom lock? I've seen a tool by H&H (yes, H&H not H&M) which is marketed as an abloy decoder but there is a lot of talk on another forum about how useless it is... have you got any info on it?
<<

sandman

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

hey, i found H&S picks online, then you suggested H&M, both are on the list, i didnt misspell anything fucker.

secondly, im not putting lever lock picks on this list because they are completely different from pin tumbler and wafer locks, they are 100% different in price and in manufacturer, this list is for pin tumbler and wafer locks only,

(i suppose i could have stated that but ,me being an ignorant, fat and happy American, when i say lock picks, im refering to the 98% of locks found here in America. I have absolutely no problem in stateing that lever locks make up less than 2% of the locks used in America, so when i say lock picks, thats what im refering to. the lever lock picks are so obscure and unknown to us, that they deserve their own post.)

there is only 2 vehicle lock pick manufacturers on here that i alowed cause of the type of lock the pick works on (wafer locks)

im going my best to please everyone. buuuut.... its not going to happen.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

God damn. So there's actually H&S, H&M and H&H... crazy chinese.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Solomon wrote:What is the atom lock?

Atomlock (I believe their full name is "Guandong GoldAtomlock Manufacturer Co. Ltd", as per the Chinese convention of including the province name in the company name and including some reference to something that is supposed to signify good fortune such as "Star", "Gold", "Lucky", "Green" etc) is a Chinese lock manufacturer that (at least) aims to produce high-security locks. Their signature product is the Atomlock cylinder with the crescent shaped keyway:

This basic design features in the company's rim, knobsets and padlocks. Last year Barry Wels introduced (and posted on his blog) a review of a Chinese foil impressioning kit. If you watch the video you will see that at 5:37 the presenter holds up a component of the tool and says he hasn't seen a lock with this profile. The part of the impressioning device he is puzzled by is for the Atomlock. Atomlock do also make cylinders with horizontal keyways but the crescent keyway is what they are most associated with. Their English website is at http://en.atomlock.com/?l2/.

I was going to do a full write-up with gutting in the near future but you have pre-empted part of my report. :) I think Atomlock are an interesting company that are worth the lock enthusiasts attention.

On a side note: I have not found a means to tension the Atomlock using any type of L-shaped wrenched. It appears to need a dual-sided purpose built wrench which I plan to eventually make (I think I will modify one of the keys).

Solomon wrote:I've seen a tool by H&H (yes, H&H not H&M) which is marketed as an abloy decoder but there is a lot of talk on another forum about how useless it is... have you got any info on it?

Yes I know of it. I don't own it so I can't relay any first-hand knowledge of the product. I did consider buying it at one point when I had more money :) (IIRC it sells for about US$200, which is considerably cheaper than the genuine Falle-Safe but it is still not cheap). H&H also make a copy of the Falle-Safe Abus Granit pick decoder. See here: http://www.hklock.com/hkproduct.asp?id=3&classid=400

Sorry for hijacking your thread Sandman (mods: please move my post if its posting is inappropriate).
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 pm

The 3 pins of the logo are what the pins inside the lock look like. No top pins, just the indentation of the 1 pin. Like the pins in a Tubar.

Nice list sandman.
<<

darkhorse

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:24 am

your not wrong solomon..I got this padlock with the curved keyway n dimples in the pund shop.
<<

atticRR

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 pm

about OP being banned, well, that sucks for him. I thought it was still a good thread-adding the things you mentioned would have been good too. Normally im not into the necro bumping although since this just changed the order around on the first page i didnt sweat it to much, when a thread from twentyfive pages and five years gets dragged to the front it makes me chuckle.

I'm pretty new at this hobby and dont know all the pick manufacturers and i really found the list useful as is, i just got the names into a huddle with google, threw em into a dark closet and waited for nature3 to take its course, eventually (0.143 seconds later) all the relevant info was crapped out!! :razz:
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 am

If you like the lockmasters

Lockmasters doesn't really produce their own picks but just re-brands the Dino picks (and earlier the Zieh-Fix picks).

Have a look around I'm sure you can find a supplier.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks guys, found what I was looking for. Did some reading too and apparently they're crap. But I already have all the good picks I need, I'm just collecting for variety and aesthetics now.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Return to Supplies