FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lots of cheap love locks

<<

flywheel

Post Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Lots of cheap love locks

Chess is awesome. But if that isn't your thing then check out the pictures halfway down. Clicking on them will give you a slightly larger version. Or right click and save the picture to get the full rez version.
http://en.chessbase.com/post/am-continental-rd10-mareco-and-mate
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue May 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Re: Lots of cheap love locks

what I would do to have 30min in front of that fountain with my pick set :drool:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 am

Yea man that would be a super fun 30m. Any idea where this fountain is?
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed May 27, 2015 11:16 am

if I am not mistaken its in Montevideo the capital of Uruguay
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 27, 2015 12:07 pm

http://bittenbythetravelbug.com/romanti ... oul-tower/

There's a whole tower dedicated to love locks in Korea.
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Thats amazing. Love this idea. They had something like this in NYC on the Brooklyn Bridge (think it was brooklyn bridge but if not then Manhattan Bridge) but they had a City program to remove all of the locks. Some gents from Toool went and picked as many as they could to save the locks from the scrapper and Schyler Towne declined to join and actually made a statement that he was a bit upset to hear Toool to part in this because they violated 1 of the 3 golden rules of lock picking, you dont pick a lock in use. I have been planning to do something like this for my wife and kids for a while now but my minds keeps going to crazy ideas and I cant make up my mind.
<<

Deadlock

Post Thu May 28, 2015 8:11 am

Of course, this topic has come up before. Here's a couple of links:

https://ssl.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=9044&hilit=Love+locks

https://ssl.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9090&hilit=Love+locks

The Toool viewpoint is on the second page of the first link.

My personal opinion is that people do some stupid things and this is one of 'em. The craze hasn't caught on in my area, although I'd hesitate to say that people have got more sense round here. If lovestruck idiots want to waste their money putting a padlock on a fence or 'tree' provided for the purpose - fine. If they lock it to a bridge or other structure - whether public or privately owned - without permission, then they can't complain if it's removed.

As far as the lock being 'in use' goes, well, I would say it's not. Surely the point of a padlock is basically to join two objects securely together. Symbolic uses don't count.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 28, 2015 8:53 am

Deadlock wrote:As far as the lock being 'in use' goes, well, I would say it's not. Surely the point of a padlock is basically to join two objects securely together. Symbolic uses don't count.

So while I ride my bike and leave the chain and lock around a streetlight, it's not in use? Whether the use is symbolic or practical, is not upon us (pickers). I wouldn't touch a lock that is not mine, period.

That said, if somebody locks something to my fence... it becomes mine :lol:
<<

Deadlock

Post Thu May 28, 2015 9:46 am

femurat wrote:
So while I ride my bike and leave the chain and lock around a streetlight, it's not in use?

Good point. I think you've answered your own question though, saying, "chain and lock". In that case, the padlock is in use locking the chain together. I don't think anybody would see this as a 'love lock' though. That all said, I could show you a streetlight in my town which has got one of those Abus combined lock and chain things at the bottom of it. It's certainly been there for the year I've been walking past it. These things aren't cheap either. I'm loathe to pick it up to inspect it closer 'cos god knows how many dogs have walked past there as well. Not that I could pick it anyway.

Return to Random Banter